A great day...my first six shooter back home again!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
My .45 Colt New Vaquero I bought as a birthday present back in 2009 is back home again!
I had sold it to a fellow about 3 yrs. ago to get some funds together to buy another 2 gun
package deal.
Invited him out to shoot last week and he brought it along to shoot with his other revolvers.
After I shot some rounds thru it I remembered what a great shooter it was hitting targets at will and wanted it back.
So I made him a straight trade for my .45 ACP Birds Head Vaquero which he like
He had refinished the wood grips I had on it at the time and did a really good job.

I remember the day I bought it on my birthday...my son had taken me out to an indoor range to shoot and we had lunch afterwards. Later we stopped by our local gun shop looking for a nice cowboy six shooter and saw it in the used gun display case. It is of 2005 build date.
Looking like it hadn't been shot much at all I bought it for $400 and it was a great shooter.
Well it's here to stay now!
fGIQN6p.jpg

Mus408

Hunter
As mentioned I bought this revolver used and don't know it's history but the thing is just so smooth in cocking the hammer and trigger is just about perfect as far as little creep.
Don't know if the hammer and trigger springs are factory but maybe if I post a picture with grip off someone could pick up on it.
Did Ruger use same wire diameter trigger and hammer springs on all the SA Rugers?
I could compare spring wire diameter to my new Flattop.
Only thing I have ever done to it was lift one leg of the trigger spring off the pin.

The revolver came with some stag type grips on it and my son gave me the pictured grips for Christmas a year later after I bought it. These are thinner than the stag grips and it feels really good in my hand.

Now if we can dry out around here next few days MAYBE I can get out and shoot it some more!

That young fellow didn't want to let go of this one too fast but I waved that shiny NV Birdshead .45 ACP in front of him and let him shoot it a week before...threw in a matching Mernickle holster and the deal was done!