A "five-shot" Followed Me Home Today...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yes, I know it's not a Ruger, but I figured you wheel-gun folks would appreciate the Freedom Arms .454 I picked up today. I looked at it long and hard earlier in the week and didn't pick it up. But today, it came home!

FA454.jpg

Freedom Arms pre-Model 83 .454 Casull with .45 LC cylinder. It came with the Leupold 2x scope as well.

It was around $1000 OTD - I'm a happy camper!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Great deal!! It will take a year to get that smile off
your face. Would not want to be a Whitetail in your
area of Pa. this year!! :wink:.
Beautiful setup!!

T.A. WORKMAN":1s510kbi said:
Great deal!! It will take a year to get that smile off
your face. Would not want to be a Whitetail in your
area of Pa. this year!! :wink:.
Beautiful setup!!

Well, it just might accompany me into the woods this coming fall... That reminds me that I need to start looking for a holster!

no5shooter

Bearcat
Wow! In my neck of the woods, that would be a great buy. And obviously, in any neck of the woods, it's one fine shooter. Good going.

Snyd

Single-Sixer
cellar701":2o90nusv said:
Well, it just might accompany me into the woods this coming fall... That reminds me that I need to start looking for a holster!

Congrats on the excellent deal! Not sure what you are looking for in a Holster but check out the Wyoming Combination Holster by Von Ringler. He custom makes them for your specific gun/scope combo. You send him pics, a tracing and measurements and here's what you get. I did a write up with more pics here http://www.handgunhunt.com/forum/ubbthr ... /2/fpart/1

wy_01.jpg

wy_02.jpg

wy_03.jpg

G2

Hunter
W :shock: W

Great deal with the extra cylinder & scope.

Goodferyou!

Stoots

Buckeye
cellar701":10a2y5ix said:
Yes, I know it's not a Ruger, but I figured you wheel-gun folks would appreciate the Freedom Arms .454 I picked up today. I looked at it long and hard earlier in the week and didn't pick it up. But today, it came home!

FA454.jpg

Freedom Arms pre-Model 83 .454 Casull with .45 LC cylinder. It came with the Leupold 2x scope as well.

It was around $1000 OTD - I'm a happy camper!

:shock:

NICE!

I'm really hankering for one of those.

:D

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Considering the deal you got on that gun, you could go out and spend $1.5K on a nice leather holster rig and you'd still come out ahead. :D

Was that really sitting in a shop at that price?

-- Sam

flatgate

Hawkeye
Woo-hoo! Nice score!!!!

Did it come with the parts and pieces for the "iron sights"?

In either case, what a fantastic deal.

flatgate

No on the iron sights - I'd like to have them even though I plan to use the scope. I do not like that open slot on top of the front sight base! I'll call the factory/office next week to see what I can work out for sights.

James Layton

Bearcat
You gotta be kidding! $1k OTD for FA model 83... with an extra cylinder... an SSK scope mount... and a Leupold scope!!!

Go buy a lotto ticket, now!

Jim

Zeus

Blackhawk
I would have never hesitated the first time :)

Considering the extra cylinder is just under 400 bucks I think, the scope and the 100 mount, you didn't pay but a few hundred for the 454 :) You did GREAT! Any FA for 1000 is a steal in my opinion, especially when they come with extras!!

The first time I saw it, I just hadn't done my homework. I was somewhat familiar with FA 83, but this one doesn't have "83" or "Premier" or "Field" anywhere on it, so I wasn't quite sure what it was. Of course, with "FA" on it, pretty much assured it was worth the asking price, but... I did a little homework, went back and it was still there!