6˝ Security Six v/s GP100 regarding accuracy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Onty

Single-Sixer
Thinking about nice and sturdy 357 DA, 6˝ barrel. This gun will be used 99% handloads like cast 160 gr at 1100-1200 fps, factory full power 357 just once in a blue moon. Now, I cannot decide which way to go. I know, S&W 686 is a nice revolver, but it's heavy muzzle is not my cup of tea. So, I was thinking about Security Six and GP100 without underlug (out of production now, still available in stores). In reality, even GP100 with full underlug is not muzzle heavy as 686.

I would LOVE to have SP101 in 357 with at least 5˝ barrel, similar to KSP-242-8 http://www.ruger.com/products/sp101/models.html , however, at this moment this is just a pipedream.

Anyhow, back to reality. I checked forum, and there are plenty of discussions one vs another, but those are just general opinions. So, if accuracy is the main issue which one would be better choice; Security Six or GP100? I am aware that each gun is individual, just hoping that somebody who shoot a lot both of them might have something to say. Heck, even no clear winner is a god answer, in that case I will go for SS :mrgreen: .

Thanks, Onty.
:mrgreen:

WESHOOT2

Hunter
(I personally currently own a pair of KGP-141s, and in the past have owned four or five 4" Security Sixes.
I have personal experience with numerous examples of both models owned by others. AND the ammuntition to feed them....)

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
I can say that my 4" GP 100 is incredibly accurate, I don't have any other revolvers to compare to though. I absolutely LOVE shooting the full magnum loads though it. She really likes them too. She's not as accurate with .38 specials.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
When the Gp-100 came out I remember all the gun writers freaking out about how accurate they were. Mine is no exception it can shoot really small groups regularly when i really apply myself.

roaddog28

Single-Sixer
I thinking that with both the Security Six and GP100 being 6 in barrel I don't think there will be a big difference in accurate. I would go out and get the best deal.
Howard

Latest posts