50th ANN .44 Duplicate S/N

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Beaver Creek

Single-Sixer
I bought this gun and now not sure what to do with it. I am curious as to any more "D" numbered 50th Anniversary 44's that any of you may have come across. I have never seen one nor heard tales of one but have really not included these in my searches. S/N is D870-08052 test fired 12/06/2007 and according to the original receipt sold at retail in February 2008. I'm really not a New Model accumulator but it sure looked cool. Any comments about these?

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Interesting the factory label does not match the SN on the gun fully, bet if you contact the factory they will tell you the serial number is D870-08052 and not the D87008052.

You may want to contact and request a reprinted label that matches the gun. Anyone who used the label or the barcode on the label ended up recording the wrong serial number in their records!

You may want to request a letter too and give them the serial number both ways, or supply the photos to them.

Beaver Creek

Single-Sixer
Interesting observation regarding the end label. As a dealer I log in and out from the gun, not the box label so I tend to cover my own back. According to a memo from ATF a couple years ago any additions or omissions of dashes while recording a gun's S/N is considered a violation.

I have other 50th guns that have the S/N dash on the end label so I believe this was simply a printing error for this specific gun. As for a replacement label, I think not. To me that is only just another unique characteristic. Incidentally, the fired case envelope matches the end label. Many thanks your for your comments.

Mtn Biker

Bearcat
Maybe the print program used to create the end label has a fixed number length and the dash was omitted to allow the numbers to shift over to make room for the "D"?

VL

street

Hunter
Mtn Biker said:
Maybe the print program used to create the end label has a fixed number length and the dash was omitted to allow the numbers to shift over to make room for the "D"?

VL
I think you are 100% right. Oh! By the way, that is a great find.