$500 for a Bearcat !?!?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
IF a 50th anniv model I could see it, many listed above that price, however if a SS, price is out of line, blued model for that price is laughable.

street

Hunter
If it's one of the New Bearcat convertibles, then it's the buy of the year. Most are selling for $1000 to $1200. We need more information, serial number would help a lot.

Now here is a question for you. A car dealer in the town where I live has a car for sale that I am interested in. Would $35,000 be too much for it??? 8)

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
street said:
Now here is a question for you. A car dealer in the town where I live has a car for sale that I am interested in. Would $35,000 be too much for it??? 8)

I used to work for a car lot. They had a saying.
When it comes to selling cars " There is an ass for every seat. "

flattop44

Buckeye
You think $500 is bad...What do you think an early one that was sold as a "Second" should be worth?? 8)
FT44

Ladobe

Single-Sixer
Sentiment carries a BIG price tag on my old model Super Bearcat I bought new 41 years ago. A trusted old friend that has been stuffed in a back pocket on more outings than not, put uncountabe meals in the pot, gave me endless hours of enjoyment shooting it. I wouldn't take $500 for it, in fact i wouldn't take twice that for it. Works out perfect for me because I don't have to worry about it ever going to live with somebody else until I'm fertilizing wild flowers.

Long way of saying some firearms are "worth" a lot more to some than to others even though that worth is not in the realm of the real world.

all depends on just what they are or may be..................

atrioofNMSBC-4s.jpg

$1250 buys the convertible, $675 buys the "early" first issue stainless, and the one on the right went for over $800, so pick your poison........................ 8)
and their all just "new" bearcats!!! :wink:

flatgate

Hawkeye
How about a stainless steel 'cat w/o a firing pin groove on the rear of the cylinder?
45520227.jpg

How about a New Bearcat with a duplicate serial number?
19817051.jpg

Convertibles? 3 in a row. :D
128516925.jpg

Yeah, I like Bearcats!

flatgate