458 SOCOM build on a Ruger American

Help Support Ruger Forum:

southernpew

Bearcat
Usually you should run cast bullets through a sizing die.

They were (.459) Even sized cast bullets you should always flare case mouths. Unlike jackets bullets, where you're not worried about removing the lube/coating

I did shoot them!!!! Holy genetic energy Batman! I had to flare the case mouth quite a bit to seat the bullets properly. I have a couple left. I am holding them for my feral cow hunt. I think that will put one on the ground pretty reliably. Thank you very much for the bullets!

Al

If you'd like some more just let me know. I enjoy casting them just as much shooting haha. I have put a hog down with one of them and it definitely does the job.

What did you load yours with?

Pauerpilot

Single-Sixer
So here is the final range session prior to my deer hunt.

1698814676690.png

I figure that is enough velocity to smack a deer. I anticipate shots under 300 yards. I am consistently hitting 300 yards gongs. I chose to shoot today due to the high winds. I was holding dead center to see the wind effect on the FTX bullet. 1 to 2 MOA drift at 22 - 25 knots of wind. It was a full value from right to left. I made shots to to 200 yards using a hold over. I am confident with this load and rifle combination. No signs of over pressure with this load. As usual, use this information at your own risk.

southernpew

Bearcat
Waiting for my Garmin Xero Chronograph to come in, but in the mean time I have been accuracy testing my 500gr SP cast projectiles with Lil Gun. So far I think 18gr has yeilded the best accuracy, but I am still unsure of the speeds

Latest posts