44 Special Vaquero Coming!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
I have a 100 percent guarantee that Ruger is building a 44 Special New Vaquero with a sheriff's model in 3 3/4 and a regular New Vaquero in 4 5/8. Both with come in blue or stainless.
The New Vaqueros will start to show up near the end of May. If I can get my scanner running, I can show you the letter that I received from Randell Pence, Executive Direction of Sales for Ruger, that says just this. I'll have to start saving my pennies now.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Think I got the scan working:

Rugerscan.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I guess I can let that out now too then. :) Coming sooner than I was thinking too.

Still not the one I'm waiting for. ;)

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
That's very cool that someone at Ruger would do that, and that you got the letter to prove it!

I got a similar, but not quite as explicit response when I asked a certain distributor about a certain special model that I "expect" to see some day. It will probably appear, but it's nice when they'll come right out and say so.

Having worked for companies that ship product, I understand their reluctance to say anything.

-- Sam

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Blued models

VAQUERO 44SPC 3-3/4"
Model No:5146
Cat No: NV443

VAQUERO 44SPC 4-5/8"
Model No: 5148
Cat No: NV44S

---------------------------------------------------------
Stainless models

VAQUERO 44SPC 3-3/4"
Model No:5145
Cat No: KNV443

VAQUERO 44SPC 4-5/8"
Model No: 5147
Cat No: KNV44S

gak

Buckeye
Yea! About time - but thank you, Ruger! And thanks for the posting of the letter! To me what the midframe--in both adjustable and fixed sighted form--was meant to be!

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
It is funny how poor the spelling is of the "Executive Director of Sales". You'd think that he'd at least read it over once before sending? At least the news is good.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Glupy":1ldjbo8q said:
Then why don't they show it/them on their website?

I suspect that a lot more people go to the Ruger website than ever read this forum.

Dave

Not each and every model gets shown on their site. That's one reason why this forum is so great - you find out stuff like this. ;)

Vulcan Bob

Single-Sixer
Yahoo,that's good new's! I've been twisting my Ruger rep's arm for quite awile now about this. Now maybe he can get some rest!

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
You would think Ruger just discovered the .44 special the way they are turning out revolvers in that chambering. I'm happy. :D :D

...Jimbo

estacado

Bearcat
I stand corrected, Ruger is on the Bandwagon and us loonies are still lusting after the 44Spcl. Like I said in another post, hope the two generations behind me discover this wonderful cartridge. We rediscovered the 45 Colt after a Century, why not the 44Spcl.

Estacado

Rclark

Hunter
Well, now there is a reason to finally own a New Vaquero (own a Vaquero in .45 Colt already) ... blued of course and in .44 Special! To bad not offered in 5 1/2 though my favorite... but hey, I'll take a 4 5/8" model ....

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
My only hope now is that it will be a cataloged item, so us folks up here in this 3'rd world country can acquire them too...
I'm crossing my fingers for the 4-5/8" in stainless..... 8)

gak

Buckeye
Rclark":3sn1yglh said:
Well, now there is a reason to finally own a New Vaquero (own a Vaquero in .45 Colt already) ... blued of course and in .44 Special! To bad not offered in 5 1/2 though my favorite... but hey, I'll take a 4 5/8" model ....
----
+1 5-1/2" is my favorite, but I'll take it! (And probably get a 5.5 when it comes along too :)) Not taking chances though - and I'd like one of each of what they're apparently offering!