.44 Mag? Perfect...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

batmann

Single-Sixer
Congrats on the new gun and you will LOVE the .44M. IMHO, it is the best all around cartrige out there. Don't get up in 'arms' .45C lovers, it's a great one as well, just my opinion.
You can find the old style Lett grips with wood inserts on Ruger's web site. Be sure and get the correct grip placement pin as well.

A

Anonymous

I think that if you want a big boomer the 44 Mg. is the way to go and the Redhawk is probably the best offered by the big manufacturers. Admittedly some of the custom guns are a little more rugged, but the Redhawk will handle any 40K psi load in the 44 indefinitely.

The bigger and badder guns are more for guys who have the expertise and the wampum to hunt dangerous game with a handgun and there are just not that many of those around.

You made a good choice. 8)

maxpress

Buckeye
TXWheeledShooter":23i1nzbz said:
Whats your scope of choice? In the future I'll be purchasing a .44 mag w/ scope for hunting. God Bless Texas.

Thanks.

i ussually shoot iron sight but i like a red dot or halo sight. no magnification but at the ranges i shoot a handgun (-150yrds) i dont think i need any.
actually only scoped one handgun cause i couldnt get the irons to adjust far enough to POA but really like the gun.

rtl

Single-Sixer
"Is that your living room carpet...?"
Still laughing. Thanks Skip.

Contender is right, you'll probably have more soon.