44 Carbines anyone?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I'm playing with a borrowed camera so please be patient with my lack of photog skills. Here's a couple of rookie shots of my '69 vintage 44 Carbine. It came with the cheap Tasco scope and hideous see through rings but think it looks "period correct".

DSCN91631.jpg

DSCN91661-1.jpg

don44

Hunter
Looks nice to me. The one I have was shipped in Feb. of 1969, it is a real accurate shooter. :)

SAJohn

Hunter
Wow! Odd that only now did I notice how closely those stocks match the old M-1 carbine stock lines. See-thru scope mounts may not be all that attractive but they make sense to me for short range carbines.

John

Boxhead

Blackhawk
Nice. We keep one at the house in Idaho. Mine (a $300 pawn shop find) is a bit beat up compared to yours but it shoots very well. I had a 1-4X Leupold on it but swapped to a peep sight last summer. Groups did not change much at all out to 100 yards. Make sure you keep that stock bolt darn tight. My stock cracked just behind where the steel meets the wood at the top of the grip. I drilled and epoxy'd pins in and also glass bedded the steel piece there to the stock. Actually shoots better now loaded with either the 270 gr Gold Dot or the 250 gr Partition. Some spring I will chase blackies up there when time allows. They are cool, cool rifles.