.44 300 gr HP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
And even though this is a safe load I just knew there would be someone that would argue about it.

Jeff you are very correct and Thank You as there was not a thing wrong with the loads I gave.

Just for clarity - Problem isn't with your load...Don't mistake my warning with a criticism towards you. That is not at all the implication. The problem is much broader than that....technical actually involving the internet.

The problem is that there are other 300 grain lead bullets measuring .430 with considerably different design. I have some Master Cast 300 grain .429 bullets that if you loaded with the above listing...would blow up the gun and likely kill somebody. That is well known that different designs warrant different loads -HOWEVER- This site is indexed to all the major search engines (google, yahoo, etc.). Someone enters 300 grain 44 load and this thread may come up. If they don't see a disclaimer (this site doesn't have one) and don't know that 300 grain bullets are not a commodity they are in trouble.

CYA is all...I put my pet loads here all the time. Doesn't bother me at all if folks see fit to criticize it.

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer
Jeff I did notice from the Bullets that you show when cast look like there is a void at the bottom of the HP. I went crazy with this lol. I found that on my bottom pour spout if I pour the lead into the sprue at the outside of it and let the lead swirl in it works great. But I used to try and pour the lead straight in the middle of the hole of the sprue plate and I could not cast a bullet without the void to save my life lol.