2nd Tower Pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
Stopped by the local gun shop to see what they had in the case. They had a used Pietta-made Remington 1858 with 5.5" barrel. Great shape, but they wanted new Cabela's price for it.

They also had an old Jukar-made CVA Tower Pistol in the case for less than $40. Now I have a matched pair. All set for talk like a pirate day. I just have to work on the fit and finish to make them more exactly match.

The new Tower Pistol...

MA3V1169-small_zpshdhhg0ew.jpg

The other Tower Pistol...

IMG_7180-small_zps9c1deb3d.jpg

They aren't quite the same, though. Anyone spot the major difference?

Pierow

Blackhawk
Nice looking pistols. The first difference I see is the top pistol has the ram rod installed, the bottom doesn't. The other difference is the mechanism that the hammer strikes is different on each pistol. Regardless, you are definitely set for talk like a pirate day.

Pierow

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
Here's a funny one for you. I was doing some looking around for info on these pistols this morning and ran across a post on another forum from 2014 where someone has the exact same two pistols...

The Thread

The pistols...

jukars-1-2.jpg

Like his top pistol, mine had major fit problems, which I am still trying to get straightened out. I also need a trigger guard for my first pistol, since the guard is broken.

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
Yes, it was pointed out that the snails/drums were different, and that the lock plates were different.

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
The new gun seems to be a mix of Tower pistol and Kentucky pistol. I have to guess that at some point Jukar started using the Kentucky lock for both pistols