Complimentary PCC & Pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

unodemo

Bearcat
"Both fireams and any loads you shoot will start showing you they work or not as near as 10yds."

I've actually seen funny things start happening at 10yds. Either with me or the firearm or the load. That's why I do the first tests at that distance and get a zero. If things look good, then I move out to 15 or 25yds, and so on. I'm in no rush to test, get the desired result, and move on. No right result you ask? I back up and figure out what happened.

Rule of Thumb: If it don't shoot at distance 1, it won't shoot at longer distance 2.

NetNathan

Single-Sixer
Thread is a bit old but curious and looking for feedback from Ruger PCC owners.
Current approach I have in mind is replace stuff when it breaks, for example bolt buffer and/or its retainer.

Thus my question, for those that see heavy use with their PCC, are some of these components actually failing/breaking requiring the upgrades?
I found myself lurking on videos that said the gun needs some internals updating or failures will be seen and/or it will shoot better but are we really seeing failures with higher round counts with these things or is it the marketing getting to us?

Manufacturing techniques have been more on the side of "What is the least we can put into to it to make it work and be affordable to the masses."
So.... some components and time invested in quality are borderline...
A few issues I have seen and remedies..
--Seems to have ejecting issues....buy one of the after market "Ejectors" better made with a more aggressive "claw" and also might as well pick up new pins with better material pins for the extractor install.
--Don't like how hard the block hits the back of the breech after it fires.... the after market sells a hard rubber "shock block" and a "stronger spring" to relieve some of it and smooth out the blow back operation. Might also improve ejection issues.
--Don't like the trigger pull, being rounded where your finger is, or pre/post travel....buy one of the after market adjustable "Fat Face Triggers".
--Don't trust the plastic clip they use on the guide rod...... Tandemkross sells a "metal clip".

Oddly.... there are a lot of PCCs out there that fire/eject/load without issue. The ejection failures being what shows up quite a few.
My PCC had some of the ejection issues, it was picker with 147+P. I then started on the above list.. I still get some ejection issues "with next round blocking the ejection", maybe 1 every 30-40 rounds.
But it is accurate, 5 in a 1" circle at 25-50 yards. Just wish it was lighter.

Last edited:

Gary Lee

Not a Fudd
Thread is a bit old but curious and looking for feedback from Ruger PCC owners.
Current approach I have in mind is replace stuff when it breaks, for example bolt buffer and/or its retainer.

Thus my question, for those that see heavy use with their PCC, are some of these components actually failing/breaking requiring the upgrades?
I found myself lurking on videos that said the gun needs some internals updating or failures will be seen and/or it will shoot better but are we really seeing failures with higher round counts with these things or is it the marketing getting to us?
I replaced some parts due to the aggravation the original parts caused, such as internal pins sliding out of place during disassembly or reassembly. And I replaced the tiny bolt lock-back button with one that has a larger, flat surface that's easier to find and use even while wearing gloves.

Also, if I keep reading that certain parts have a tendency to cause malfunctions, such as the extractor, which never failed to function for me, I still replace these parts for psychological reasons, because I don't like wondering if/when the original parts are going to fail at some point in the future.

Besides 'functionality', just plain 'coolness' is another reason I replace parts. :cool:

Gary Lee

Not a Fudd
I just installed a flat trigger on my PCC that's sold by TandemKross. The following video provides installation instructions:

TheKid

Bearcat
I just installed a flat trigger on my PCC that's sold by TandemKross. The following video provides installation instructions:

Do you like it?

I just did a rebuild today with the Tandemkross Upriser Chassis, AR15 Buttstock and a Midwest 12" combat rail. Was thinking about this trigger as well + extended charging handle and maybe a fore grip. And will probably get 2 or 3 27 round Glock mags. It will mainly be for dynamic shooting and IPSC on 'hobby level'..

Attachments

• IMG_20240413_234050.jpg
    IMG_20240413_234050.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 11

Gary Lee

Not a Fudd
Do you like it?

I just did a rebuild today with the Tandemkross Upriser Chassis, AR15 Buttstock and a Midwest 12" combat rail. Was thinking about this trigger as well + extended charging handle and maybe a fore grip. And will probably get 2 or 3 27 round Glock mags. It will mainly be for dynamic shooting and IPSC on 'hobby level'..
Due to health issues my wife and I have been experiencing, I haven't been able to determine rather I like it or not. But we're gradually recovering, so I'll be able to get to the range soon and let you know the results. :)

Latest posts