22lr ammo price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SAJohn

Hunter
For those living in the Pacific Northwest, Bi-Marts have in stock 300 round boxes of CCI mini-mags (1260 fps) for $20. That is 6.7 cents per round. The limit is one box per customer per day.

RoadBlocker said:
Picked up 2 1000 round boxes of Winchester M22 for $52 each at WallyWorld last month. Be the last time I buy those. Too many misfires, crooked or loose bullets. Just bad ammo.

Wow. This has become some of my favorite ammo.

More evidence that the quality of rimfire ammo is variable, batch to batch, regardless of the maker. Or shooter to shooter. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

I just bought some CCI standard velocity, the ones in the blue cardboard boxes for 4.30 per box (50 rounds) it is a little high but not much. Besides I like the standard velocity.

One thing to also consider. Everything is increasing in price. I think $32 for a bulk pack of 525 is high but not unreasonable. Yes I can remember buying them for 8 dollars per box. But that was then. Salaries have increased a lot since then as well. That was 15 years ago...

George

Blackhawk
Just two years ago rem. T Bolt were $18.99 a brick winchester 555's were $20 bucks a brick. Fed. blue box were under $20 bucks in most places.. I'm not going back that far two years.. I can get Rem. T bolt's today for 29.99 a brick Less-10% on them. I do think .22's will come down in price as some places are still nuts.. Wallmart sell's rem bucket of bullets 1400 rounds for 79.99 when Midway and Brownells sell them for $149.99 and 500 round bricks $65 bucks.. Prices are still what your willing to pay for them... Get out your auto and go broke. And forever look for ammo Get out your Single Six's shoot all summer long and then some.. George

Jwp721

Single-Sixer
When I was a kid a soda pop cost 20 cents and if you returned the bottle you got a nickel back. Those days are gone.

George

Blackhawk
Ya but I'm not going back that far time wise that is.. Just about 4 years when this ammo bull crap all started.. For me it went sight unseen because evn though I been into guns for years and years. Life goes on and the wife and I just go into other things. So when I decided to look at some guns in a shop I had seen prices just starting to go up a year later prices had been through the roof.. 3 years ago I payed top $$$ for a good used AR I always wanted. Good brand name and yes I got it and over paid for it at the time. I was happy and still am.. Ammo at the time was easy to get 2012 in any cal. 22's cheap and all you wanted in any store here in NH.. 7 months into the year everyone was low on them but there price remaind unchanged.. All other ammo was hard to get.. a short time after that .22's were gone! Online sales were through the roof as far as price and in the local stores still no stock of almost any cal. ammo. I neve seen this before in my 40 years . I have see guns hard to get but not ammo.. Now ammo is on the way back .22 wise, slow here northen NH pricing is fair to high in gun shops.. but most other cal. are easy to get with pricing on them good IMO, not bad at all.. I think we will see 500 rounds of 22's at the $20 mark again but it still going to take some time.. I don't think the days are gone IMO but I do think they will be going that way in the next few years once 22 ammo is back and the price get's steady with them.. I am not hording any cal. I think that's what started all this in the first place.. I'm not going to check this for typos or spelling.. I know I'm bad .. Sorry! Just board today with a bad back and Just wanted to give my thoughts on it all.. Have a good day all! George

louchia

Single-Sixer
recently purchased 525 at cabellas, $34.00., CCI minis are a bit higher, 8-10cents /rnd.

TomV

Bearcat
Yesterday afternoon, Walmart in north Alabama had CCI Mini-Mag (1260 fps), boxes of 100 at $7.49 each. They must have had 40 boxes on the shelf. Daughter & I bought 6 boxes (3 box limit for each). :)

OldePhart

Blackhawk
The local Cabela's had a ton of .22LR when I was in there Thursday. Several different brands. Lots of bricks of Federal cheapo stuff. A few 325 round flats of the CCI mini-mags. A few bricks of Thunderbolts. Lots of plastic 100 round boxes of "golden bullets", etc. They still were enforcing the 500 round limit, though. Prices were still running 9-10 cents a round for anything I'd want to shoot so I just picked up a single flat of the CCI minis. I'm gambling that availability is coming back and prices will come down to something more reasonable in the coming months...

Oh, and there wasn't a single box of .22 WMR on the shelves... :(

George

Blackhawk
Ya I seen a box of CCI .22WMR I should have got it. Not sure how maney rounds were in the box"maybe 50"they were 19.95 but my way of thinking was I don't shoot varments so I justy got a few bricks of federal blue box 525's $40 they seem to work and run much cleaner the Rem. thunderbolts. But i have a new Single six and was thinking It may be best breaking the barrel in with the .22WMR's FMJ.. Have not shot the gun yet.. Any thoughts on it.. My local walmart never has .22LR bricks. The wife and I have to travel about 3 hours to get .22 ammo. I like to keep 500 or so rounds as a buffer.. George

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
George,

Someone asking $20 for a 50 round box of 22 mag is as ridiculous as $50 22LR bricks. The timeframe you talk about had Hornady 30gr v-max 22 mag ammo for $10-$10.50 per box of 50. Expensive stuff like Rem Premier and Win Supreme was under $15 per box. Let em sit on it for that price...

Latest posts