22/45 Mk III magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Was looking at a new 22/45 lite, and and have noticed that the magazine has a different part number than the 22/45 Mk II magazine. Will Mk II magazines work in the new Mk III pistols, i would like to get one, but i have twelve Mk II mags and i am reluctant to buy another variety of magazine.

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
My experience: MK III;s will work in a MK II but the MK II;s will not work in a MK III due to magazine safety thing

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
The Mark III 22/45 magazines have an additional notch protruding from the upper left side of the magazines. That notch acts to accept the rear "fin" on the back of the Mark III 22/45 triggers. The fin on the rear of the trigger engages that notch to ensure that the magazine is properly inserted, or seated, because of the magazine disco parts. Those who have installed a Sam Lam hammer bushing, and removed those magazine disco parts, will no longer need that notch in the magazine, or the rear fin on the Mark III 22/45 trigger. Therefore you can use, or interchange magazines for the 22/45 or the Mark III 22/45 pistols. I do have some 22/45 magazines if anyone is interested.

See the notch on the magazine on the right? Both of these are Ruger Mark III 22/45 magazines. The Ruger 22/45 magazines don't have that notch.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Mobuck said:
"Both of these are Ruger Mark III 22/45 magazines."

Better check that, I don't think either of those is a 22/45 mag.

Geeeez, what a revelation! They are Mark III magazines, the 22/45 magazines only have different floor plate, same magazine body. :roll: You OK with that?

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Installed a Tandemkross MDS removal bushing and now my 22/45 Lite runs flawlessly with any 22/45 magazine. Also bought 2 Eagle Talon extractors kits and installed one in my 14 year old 22/45, now it runs like new with no stovepipe jam problems, will keep an extra kit on hand in case any of my other .22 pistols or rifles develop a jamming problem.