2017 Antelope Season

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
Sort of a bucket list item for me was to hunt Pronghorns with a black powder rifle and hand cast bullets. Well, I did that a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful hunt. Not the biggest antelope in the area but a nice 15" one. This season was haunted by a lot of rain and I was sick with a cold the first weekend. This rifle is a special order 1886 chambered in .38-56 WCF. It features special order sights and uncheckered pistol grip. Damn thing shoots like a target rifle. Fifty six grains of Swiss 1.5 FG, Winchester plain base mould 255 grain lubed with SPG, Walters wad at the base of the bullet and primed with a 215 Federal. Rifle was shipped Sept 16, 1891. :mrgreen:

pete44ru

Hunter
doccash said:
This rifle is a special order 1886 chambered in .38-56 WCF. It features special order sights and uncheckered pistol grip.

Rifle was shipped Sept 16, 1891. :mrgreen:

I betcha that baby did the same thing 125 years ago, too !

very nice !

Don Lovel

Hunter
Missed ya Doc, I had an incredible spring photographing waterfowl and Eagles in the SLV, but now I am wintering in the Ozarks at Pioneer Missouri here at White Mule Distillery. I hope I get some good winter bird pics here this winter. Colorado will have to wait for awhile.
BTW, Dry Cimarron country sure was pretty with rain and pretty grass this summer in my travels through there

doccash

Buckeye
Don Lovel, do you do Fb? I put many birds on there every day almost, nice ones today for sure. If you do send a friend request. Dr.C