2016 Ruger # 1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
Give me a 1A or international in 308, and I will buy a couple!

Pretty sure the 1A is out there to be had, albeit with less than spectacular wood. I even seem to recall seeing an RSI 308 come up for sale recently, but these seem to be in the "hens teeth" category.

gewehrfreund said:
Give me a 1A or international in 308, and I will buy a couple!

Pretty sure the 1A is out there to be had, albeit with less than spectacular wood. I even seem to recall seeing an RSI 308 come up for sale recently, but these seem to be in the "hens teeth" category.

I have not come across either and have been casually searching for a few years..especially for the international and when I do come across them, the seller values them much more highly than I do! :lol:

bigskyguy

Single-Sixer
There is a 1a in .308 on Gunbroker right now.

Looks to be in good shape with a starting bid of $975.
Fox Valley Firearms is the seller.

I tried to post a link, but my "smart phone " is not cooperating.

Good luck!

Todd

RSIno1

Hunter
Nomosendero said:
........ I am looking forward to the NRA show and get that yea or nay over with.
I'm torn. :? I hope it's yea. I've just started collecting them in the past couple years. I have 5 now and would like more. However if they are discontinued then everyone will come out of the woodwork wanting one for their arsenal. This would drive the prices up and I may be tempted to sell to add to the retirement fund.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Why discontinue? As Lipseys is exclusive distributor, don't they buy everything produced? No risk for Ruger to continue #1s.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Why discontinue? As Lipseys is exclusive distributor, don't they buy everything produced? No risk for Ruger to continue #1s.

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
This "discontinued" thought just keeps popping up. Don't believe it until you hear it from me! I may be the last to know, but when I tell you the Ruger No.1 is no longer- you can believe it and it is a fact! The 2016 production list is "in the works"

El Numero Uno said:
This "discontinued" thought just keeps popping up. Don't believe it until you hear it from me! I may be the last to know, but when I tell you the Ruger No.1 is no longer- you can believe it and it is a fact! The 2016 production list is "in the works"

I sure hope you are right...there is definitely conflicting information coming from all direction, and I know that I have contributed to it, but I want the No.1 production to continue...perhaps they are not announcing the 2016 production calibers until production is completed and they are all ready to ship...that is the way I would do it...announce in arrears!

billpoole

Bearcat
Today, 5-Mar there is some weird stuff on Lipseye's website! it was not there yesterday... or any day since 1-Jan, I've been checking daily...

in ADDITION to the known 2015 models, the website today has:
1A '06
1B .22-250
1H in .416 Rigby
1RSI in 7x57
1B in .223
1H in .375 (making it two)
1A in .35 Whelen

its almost as though a web developer accidently set a flag that caused the 2013 models to be posted or something like that....

Poole

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
There has been some "clean-up, clear-out" production/shipping apparently going on and they've been showing up, mostly at Cabelas. The 1A '06 and I believe, the 1H 375 H&H are part of the 2015 scheduled runs.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
rangerbob said:
The Lipsey's 2015 30-06 is a #1S with a 24" barrel, not the #1A. Bob!! :)
Really? I thought is was like the AH 25-06 from a few years ago - 24" A weight barrel.
If it really is an S, then it's too bad they just didn't make it a 26" B weight barrel like all (OK most) the other 1S's

Rocdoc

Buckeye
El Numero Uno said:
LC,
Then we wouldn't have the 1S in 3 different barrel lengths; 22", 24" & 26"!
I'm voting for a 44 Mag 1S with a 20" barrel this year; who would buy one?
CLN

I'm likely not a buyer unless if in SS, however, I'd bet a 44 mag would be wildly popular. Ruger/Lipseys needs to bring new things to market in the #1. How much market is left for the standard cartridges?

I would buy one in 44 Magnum..why not an RSI? How about 357 magnum too! And then 41 magnum for those guys :lol:

I think Lipsey's needs to do the standard caliber's too, remember if they market these correctly, they could be adding new collectors and No.1 aficionados to the existing ones....

To me, the wood needs to be "employee grade", bring back the red butt pad and make a KNOWN limited quantity of each rifle...establish a unique serial numbering system, perhaps starting with the model year as the prefix, etc.

You could use this to establish a 'classic line' and open up all kind of limited classic editions, how fast could they sell a limited run of 'classic' Speed Sixes for example...

If I was wealthy enough, I would do it...in a heartbeat...

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Ok if we're talking a 44 mag in an RSI, then I'm interested, definite if in SS. I've liked some of the more recent offerings in 'unusual' cartridges and configurations. I'm all for as many different versions as Ruger can put out.