1st year production 77/44 ser # oo8xx in box, collectable ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41Gator

Bearcat
I have a 77/44 mag in the original box, rings unopened, manual, first year production, serial #008xx. It is unmarked and appears unfired, however I'm not the original buyer so unfired is not 100%. 1st issue, Never sold a gun on the webb, 2nd issue, very unsure about value as there are quit a few of these for sale new. So is it a collectible or is it's value in the new range ? Thanks for any and all help and opinions.

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
I don't remember seeing anyone 'collect' 77/44 rifles, but there should be some interest in your early rifle with box and early serial number. When in doubt on value put it on a popular auction site like GunBroker starting at the lowest price you would be satisfied with getting, and if it's worth more the bidders will show it (if you want to sell it). I had a second year 77/44 but no box. I just wanted to shoot it, not collect it. With on going production still making them available I'd guess there's not much demand for yours at any elevated price. Go shoot and enjoy it maybe?

41Gator

Bearcat
Thanks for the reply, I'm a shooter too, not a collector and I have a 77/357 and 5" GP 100 to shoot. Never done Gunbroker, but have been looking into it. We'll see if I have the gumption to do Gunbroker, makes me nervous. Thanks again

I think you may find that there are a lot of folks who are reluctant to bid on an item offered by a new person with no feedback on Gunbroker. I'd suggest offering it here.