15 round SR 22 magazine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerlover

Bearcat
SR 22 15 round model

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I first looked at the Sr-22 over a year ago. Sorta liked it but couldn't push myself to get one.Then they offered one with a threaded barrel. That kinda pushed me into trying it. The guys at http://www.magbumper.com have built a conversion mag bumper to increase the capacity to 15 rounds. I am really liking this pistol with the extra rounds available. I have decent sized hands and the extra length gives me alot better fit on the grip.You have to take the magazine apart which only takes a minute and replace with two new pieces and tighten the screws and get to shooting. You do lose the the thumb depress button on the mag with the changeout but I found no problem loading he clips full. Another feature which may bother some that you do lose the last shot slide hold open I have been shooting these for about 2 weeks and have cycled a few hundred rounds thru this gun. I have always been a big fan of the MKII and MKIII,but I am really liking the size and feel of this pistol more every day.

clbshooter

Single-Sixer
I clicked on your link but could not find any for the SR-22. I hope I am wrong because I would like a few for my SR-22.

rugerlover

Bearcat
I think they are still about 2 weeks away from having them up for sale. I got some early preproduction models for testing. I really like them ,they are also getting ready to release a bolt racker for 22/45 and MK III ruger handguns at the same time.

Blackhawk30

Single-Sixer
I would trade bolt hol open for 5 extra shots,so long as the mag is as reliable as a factory 10 rd'er.I was hping ruger would come out with a extended mag for the SR22.I guess they are too busy right now.