10MM Chamber Support in 1911's-SR1911 Comparison

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mr.revolverguy

Bearcat
After posting the SR1911 10MM Unboxing video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9gbLuDQqFY the emails started to come in asking about chamber support.

Being curious myself I decided to compare 4 10MM 1911's,
Colt Delta Elite
Ruger SR1911
Para Elite Hunter
Kimber Camp Guard 10

Here in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AN5v7AjyI

I do not have the best of camera gear but hope this helps.

sliclee

Single-Sixer
ANYONE PAY YOU TO DO THAT MISHMASH. SUDDENLY, OUT OF THE BLUE , YOU, A REVOLVER MAN, ARE GETTING TONS OF EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PLAY EXPERT on barrels and chambers of 10mm handguns. I don't think you own one or maybe have never fired one.
HAH-that almost sounds like a challenge.
Naturally you picked on the most fired 10 mm handgun, COLT DELTA ELITE, the one most shooters on YOUTUBE pick
as the best 10 mm out there, as having the worst chamber of almost all 10,s you put out there. WOW
I can almost guess how this revelation came to you.

mr.revolverguy

Bearcat
Not even sure what this is supposed to mean, maybe that's a good thing. But let me attempt to answer at least one of the questions, no I don't get paid a dime for anything I do. I am no expert either it is a continuous journey of learning. As it pertains to picking on Colt it was unbiased data as best my old eyes can tell. I probably did emotionally pick on them a little as my Delta Elite has been sent back 3 times with no resolve basically Colt saying they could do nothing about the accuracy or the machine marks. Even so I tried to be as unbiased as possible. I hate to see Colt in the position they are in because American families are suffering from it, but we have to take pride in the products we produce.

New Colt Delta Elite Slide -- The camera doesn't do it justice I can stick a business card in these machine marks. There were other things also but we are here to discuss the finely refined Ruger.

DSC03479.jpg

The trained eye will be able to see why there is poor lockup leading to poor accuracy that has nothing to do with the machine marks. Another 600 to 1000 dollars I should be able to get a brand new with less than 50 rounds through it by me fixed by my gunsmith. So is it possible I was a little bitter sure it is LOL :D

sliclee

Single-Sixer
Those marks are disgusting, can't believe they are in a COLT.
Find it so hard to believe what I see.
I have a H&K that has machine marks inside the top of the slide but I bought it as a second. The rest of the gun is perfect, the
marks can't be seen unless you remove the slide hold upside down.
Was police special long time ago.

dakota1911

Buckeye
If interested in 10mm then the 10mm forum is worth a look....

http://10mm-firearms.com/index.php

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Just watched your videos. I see you get a lot of positive reviews on you tube. I find them very professional and informative also. A deputy friend back in the day (1990s) was infatuated with the delta elites. He managed to crack 2 frames handloading before he backed off his loads, but he still bought a third one. I had a 1006 Smith at the time and found it more accurate and sturdier although ugly and not as well balanced.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
protoolman said:
I had a 1006 Smith at the time and found it more accurate and
sturdier although ugly and not as well balanced.
:D Ugly, heavy, but makes a 10mm feel like a 9mm. :D

Did I mention a trigger that doesn't "come in" til somewhere past 5K rounds?