10/22 Takedown w Optic

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5Wire

Single-Sixer
I've tried a bunch of different optics on this nifty rifle. These include a Leupold VX-1 2–7X28 and a VX-2 3–9X33, both excellent scopes. However the fixed focus VX-1 was useless at my club's 50 foot indoor range and the VX-2 was a little too long to fit comfortably in the Takedown's case. They both now reside on different rifles.

I also tried an EOTech XP2-2 which worked fine but it's destined for my EBR.

What I'm using now is a Sightron 33MM Red Dot SS 4-pattern reticle and I'm pretty happy with it. Put that little red dot on what you're aiming for and it gets hit (except for faults by the jerk behind the trigger).

I'm fortunate to have good eyesight at age 72 and this combination allows me to pick off orange clays at 100 yards and shards of orange clays at 50 yards. Oh, I also replaced the stock trigger group with a Hornet Black Max replacement. A very nice, no take up, no creep 2.5 lb trigger. A totally fun, convenient plinker.

2015-04-16%2011.39.13-2_zps0tkg6pta.jpg

5Wire

Single-Sixer
Both the Bushnell and Millet look like good choices. I selected the Sightron because of its larger diameter (33mm) and its lifetime warranty. The rings came with it as well as a sunshade and a polarizer. What I wish is that Ruger would provide a barrel mount option for the Takedown (and all the other 10/22s) so the sight zero would be easier to maintain.

dakota1911

Buckeye
Mine is a cheaper 4x and I have only shot it out to 50 yards. Not near the rifle and not sure of the brand. The one on the old early 80s I bought new back then is a Weaver 4x on tipoff mounts. I know the new one is made to go on an AR type 223 rifle.