10/22 scope base

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lefty315

Bearcat
I recently picked up a 10/22 takedown. I'd like to put a scope base on that would have a channel I could still see through to utilize the iron sights if I wanted to. I have some Weaver rings sitting in a box so was curious what others have done in this regard. Thanks.

bentblade

Single-Sixer
I don't know why Ruger does that but what I do is get a higher Ruger front sight. I don't remember which one off hand I think it is for the 22 mag but if you go to Brownells the tech guys will help you out. Don't remember if I used a higher rear sight or just adjusted the one on the gun it up. I think I just adjusted it. have done this on a half dozen 10-22s. Again the Brownells tech guys will help you out.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=10%2F22+base&userItemsPerPage=48

The Weaver base should do that but it's been years since I set one up like that but it is probably as low of a base as you're going to find. The EGW looks like it's low enough with a channel down the center too. Or the Williams has a peep sight on the rear of the base and comes with a taller front sight. I use Leupold bases and rings on my 10/22's because I like the position of the scope when using them and they look good! But you cannot see the sights over the base.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Ruger's aftermarket Picatinny rail (Item # 90465) for the 10/22 has a center channel and seems low enough to allow the iron sights to be seen through it.

lefty315

Bearcat
So I'm on vacation and my buddy takes me to a gun store. I spot the Ruger 10/22 made up to look like a .30 carbine. The rear peep sight looks to be integral with the scope base. I jumped on Ruger's website to see if you can buy that set up, didn't see it. Anyone know if it's out there somewhere? That would actually be ideal for what I'd like to do with the gun.

gunzo

Hunter
Weaver makes a few different bases for the 10/22, they have one particular, a 1 piece that's cut out in the middle. Another company, DIP Inc. makes a one piece picainny that's empty in the middle & is advertised to allow factory iron sight usage.

lefty315 said:
So I'm on vacation and my buddy takes me to a gun store. I spot the Ruger 10/22 made up to look like a .30 carbine. The rear peep sight looks to be integral with the scope base. I jumped on Ruger's website to see if you can buy that set up, didn't see it. Anyone know if it's out there somewhere? That would actually be ideal for what I'd like to do with the gun.

Here's one option: http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Carbine/specSheets/21102.html

There are also some aftermarket dress-up components available, to put together a rifle similar in profile.

Happy shopping! :mrgreen:

lefty315

Bearcat
Uncle Howie said:
lefty315 said:

Here's one option: http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Carbine/specSheets/21102.html

There are also some aftermarket dress-up components available, to put together a rifle similar in profile.

Happy shopping! :mrgreen:

Yep, that's the gun I saw. I'd like to find that exact sight/scope base set up.