10/22 Ruger trigger upgrade available.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
Subject:Ruger Announces the Launch of the BX-Trigger for Ruger 10/22 and 22 Charger Pistol
Date:12/15/2014 10:14 PM
To:[email protected]

Ruger Announces the Launch of the BX-Trigger for Ruger 10/22 and 22 Charger Pistol

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) announces the launch of the BX-Trigger™: a light, crisp, "drop-in" replacement trigger assembly that is compatible with all Ruger® 10/22® rifles and 22 Charger™ pistols. The BX-Trigger is a Genuine Ruger Factory Accessory and is the perfect upgrade for all 10/22 rifles and 22 Charger pistol models because of the significantly reduced pull weight of approximately 2.75 pounds (versus 6 pounds on the standard 10/22 trigger).

"We have made continuous improvements to the 10/22 over the years, but the BX-Trigger is an exciting performance advancement," said Ruger President and COO, Chris Killoy. "The BX-Trigger was designed for easy installation, superior performance, and legendary Ruger reliability. Like the popular BX-25® magazine for the 10/22, the BX-Trigger will deliver the excellence and value that shooters have come to expect from Ruger."

The BX-Trigger is sold as a complete assembly that "drops in" to replace the existing trigger assembly, with no additional adjustment or "fitting" required. A video of the installation process can be found at Ruger.com/BX-Trigger

Beginning December 19, the Ruger BX-Trigger will be available for purchase directly from Ruger at ShopRuger.com or from local independent firearms retailers.

BX-Trigger Information:

• Press Release • Sell Sheet • Right View Image • Left View Image

For more information on the Ruger BX-Trigger and other accessories for the Ruger 10/22, or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To purchase accessories for the Ruger 10/22 or other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com

Sounds like a huge improvement, depending on availability & price !! :D :D :D :D

$89.95 from Ruger.... but I bet the bolt release is still the clunky funky wiggle method....
I'll probably order one... but it is a shame it takes Ruger this long to figure out the trigger on the 10/22 is awful and then their solution (which is a smart marketing idea I guess) is to sell you an after market part..... If they would put this trigger group in new rifles and just promote these to the millions of current 10/22 owners... that might work.

mm6mm6

Blackhawk

Truly a simple drop in installation (just watch all three pins to be sure they don't fall into "the black hole" in your work area).

Durabledan

Bearcat
I ordered early on the 17th. Got it on Mon. the 22nd.
Installed it yesterday but have not tried it out at the range.
The cheap trigger gauge I have puts it at just under 3#

skeeziks

Bearcat
For $15 more you can have a much better trigger at just under 2 lbs. with the Kidd "Trigger Job" Kit.
I can't say enough good things about Tony Kidd's 10/22 parts & accessories.

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
I recieved mine and installed lickity split...have not shot it but if it does what it says Im good to go....People who have bought recently from Ruger had a special heads up from ruger to order in advance...by the time it opened to the public, mine was here and being installed:) Nice work Ruger...about the Tony Kidd's 10/22 parts & accessories, have not tryed them...but ruger has been pretty good so far...and why pay more???

Trying to figure out how Durable Dan ordered one on the 17th since they weren't available until the 19th.... at least when I went to the online store to look for them I could not find them until the 19th.... now it seems my order has fallen into that same black hole.... the holding pins on the trigger group often fall into.

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
have not used mine yet...a bit of weather to deal with...anyone using the new trigger who can review it here????How did it compare with the old standard model...comparison would be nice:))) Thanks in advance:) Henry AKA THE YIDDIL

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
They are now sold out at Rugers...but you can get one on ebay for double the price LOL NOT!

Mine came in last week.... (one month after ordering on Dec. 19th) and I've installed it in my Charger... because all my other 10/22s already have 2lb triggers.... as I mentioned the bolt release is still the clunky bumpy thing that drives me crazy.... and so I changed that part out for a modified part. The new trigger group does come with an extended mag release.

pyth0n

Buckeye
I'm interested for my 1022 Magnum. I called Ruger and asked if it would work in the 1022 Magnum. The lady said she saw some part number differences, and the question of the magnum was never addressed. She didn't think it would work and since they no longer support the Magnum, she didn't advise it. Only part number difference I could see in the assembly are the hammer spring, bolt lock, disconnector pivot pin. I know this is a drop in assembly and I won't be changing parts, I'm not sure the differences in the stock parts between both models is enough to say it won't work. Maybe some one here knows more that I do and can shed some light.
Thanks in advance.

9x19

Hunter
The 10/22M has a different hammer spring (heavier) and a different ejector (longer), but you could just move both from your current trigger group to the BX. That would take maybe 30 seconds.

pyth0n

Buckeye
Thanks 9x19. I considered swapping the hammer spring and the bolt release I would change to the Volquartsen release. I didn't consider the ejector because they're the same part number (p/n) for both models. I will check the lengths to make sure. My LGS has one & I'll pick it up Monday, if it's still there.
Thanks again.

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
Midways got um at great sales price of 69 and change ..got another for the custom sportier takedown this time?..spring is going to be cool...if ammo loosens up))))