10/22 Back To Normal (Almost)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bear007

Bearcat
@bear007 - You had also asked about sources of parts. For some stock Ruger stuff I've been using S&P Outfitters. Mostly new takeoff stuff I need for a build at a great price and also completely new BX-Trigger for stellar price. If that is the type of stuff you need, I'd recommend them, Matt at S&P Outfitters is super quick with orders and great communication. For upgrade parts, I'm just learning. Upgrading stocks is simple enough finding what you want at a good price online but things like barrels I've just started. Picked a green mountain barrel for a build, sourced from R&S at a good price but I don't know yet how much better it will be. I'm sure folks can chime in here, KIDD and other high end manufacturers seem to be the normal here.
Thnx @laterider7, I'll definitely check S&P Ourfitters out. I don't really know about 10/22 upgraded parts either but thought maybe I'd try and build one from the ground up.

I'm already stuck on the 1st step, lol! Do I want to build a takedown or a standard? 🤔 🙄

@AzShooter1 @bear007
I just finished my first build from parts today.
Stripped Receiver, Bolt, hardware kit (pins, vblock, action screw), and BX Trigger sourced from S&P Outfitters, really good prices from Matt over there.
Green Mountain Barrel from R&S and X-22 stock from Amazon.
Total cost of parts came in at $450 not including tax and shipping or optic cost.

I just learned about the Victor Titan Stock during the build and I'll likely upgrade to that later after I see how this performs. I've just never put one together before, everything went together very easily and I checked FP with a fresh plastic snap cap that showed good contact that looks like my stock 10/22s. Advice before first range trip welcome.

First Picture.jpg

bear007

Bearcat
@AzShooter1 @bear007
I just finished my first build from parts today.
Stripped Receiver, Bolt, hardware kit (pins, vblock, action screw), and BX Trigger sourced from S&P Outfitters, really good prices from Matt over there.
Green Mountain Barrel from R&S and X-22 stock from Amazon.
Total cost of parts came in at $450 not including tax and shipping or optic cost.

I just learned about the Victor Titan Stock during the build and I'll likely upgrade to that later after I see how this performs. I've just never put one together before, everything went together very easily and I checked FP with a fresh plastic snap cap that showed good contact that looks like my stock 10/22s. Advice before first range trip welcome.

View attachment 38254
Very nice. Only advice I have is take a bunch of ammo and targets. You'll probably have a pile of fun and not want to leave. Let us know how your range trip goes.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Weather is not too good right now. Tried to go to range today but got rained out. No problem, gives me more time to work on the trigger group.

Next week should be in the '70s so I'm planning a nice long range trip.

Will report.

bear007

Bearcat
Weather is not too good right now. Tried to go to range today but got rained out. No problem, gives me more time to work on the trigger group.

Next week should be in the '70s so I'm planning a nice long range trip.

Will report.
@AzShooter1,
Hope you get that long range trip in real soon. You have 2 new rifles to shoot in. Hope they both shoot great ... and straight!

Enjoy

PS - I got rained out today also ugh.

@bear007 @AzShooter1

Staying positive we all get out soon, between work and my better half's health not sure for me on going this upcoming weekend.
If I do make it, the warm weather predicted on Sunday will bring in a crowd. I always prepare for such and try to bring at least one item for each range type we have, but you guys know what I really want to try this weekend!

Latest posts