10 1/2" 357 Maximum values

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Don Lovel

Hunter
Friend of mine has her late husband's 10 1/2" 357 Maximum with a Leupold pistol scope on it
It has been a long time since I have seen any for sale on here and she is curious what it's current fair value is. I do not think she has the original box but it may be here somewhere, I will look.

Chief 101

Hunter
I had somebody tell me the other day when I told him I wanted to shoot my 10 1/2" Max(unshot with box) that they were bringing $1200 on internet auction sites. It sounds a wee bit high...if that were true that would make a used one with a scope mounted quite a bit less. Still way more than it cost new.

32shooter

Blackhawk
I sold mine a while back. Might give you a bit of an idea.
http://rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=277036

Prescut

Single-Sixer
this sold on here yesterday. $600

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=281227

that was screaming price. GB more like $800 $900.

CMH

Blackhawk
If less than almost excellent or tapped or D&T 6-900...... excellent in the box seem to bring 11-1300 anymore. HTH

RENE has the maximums at $810 in pristine condition. As mentioned, if drilled and tapped, some reduction would occur.

A scope would add, but I don't have a clue what those are worth.

sixshot

Buckeye
How could you not drill & tap on a stretch frame? Who makes a mount to do that? I don't think it's possible, but I could be wrong.

Dick

sixshot said:
How could you not drill & tap on a stretch frame? Who makes a mount to do that? I don't think it's possible, but I could be wrong.

Dick

Weaver made a version of their 301 mount that was stretched to fit the long frames. I have one on my 10-1/2" Maximum. No drill/tap required.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don Lovel

Hunter
This has a correct setup for a Leupold 2x EER. Gun was used by her husband for deer hunting.
I got to shoot it one time lighting a dozer pile on fire with a jug of drip gas. Impressive reaction.

Don Lovel said:
This has a correct setup for a Leupold 2x EER.

Not sure what you mean. There were/are more than one way to mount a 'scope on this gun. The drill & tap approach, while frowned upon by some collectors, is a quite solid way of approaching the installation. The Weaver mount, using the rear sight attachment hole and a clamp that surrounds the barrel just in front of the frame, works but requires a little futzing around to get solidly attached . . . I had to shim mine to do it right. I'd have preferred to D&T but didn't want to "corrupt" the gun to do so.

:)