#1 Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

texasaggie09

Bearcat
Can anyone tell me when the #1 Varmint was made in 6.5 Creedmoor and if it was a limited production caliber (or can you tell me a production number)? I can't find much info on them. Thanks!

Ruger Junkie

Bearcat
Mine is serial number 134-363XX, which should have been late 2011. It was a cataloged configuration (as opposed to a special limited run), therefore, it is doubtful anyone can give an exact quantity. I will say it is super accurate. Have shot one hole groups with Hornady 140 grain AMAX. Interesting article in Long Range Hunting testing the No. 1 and M77, both in 6.5 Creedmoor. Hope it is allowable to post a link here.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/ruger-6.5-creedmoor-review-1.php

picketpin

Buckeye
No way to know numbers but very uncommon. The 6.5 Creedmore was a standard cataloged item. So we can't ask the wholesaler how many they ordered and Ruger does NOT release production figures.

I KNOW for a fact that production ceased BEFORE January 2012. I had a 7mm Mag "V" back at the factory and they decided it couldn't be fixed. After some discussion in January of 2012 they promised me a 6,5 Creedmore in exchange. There wasn't one at any wholesalers according to Ruger but they were making a run that summer.

On July 7th they called and advised the 6.5 Creedmore was not going to made in 2012. He then offered a 264 Win Mag "B" instead as they were making a short run of it and 300 Win Mag "B" that month. Probably 100 each. I opted for the 264 Win Mag. Then after a lot of talking asked for a AH forearm and "decent" wood the answer was "We'll see". On August 7th my 264 showed up with "C" walnut with the AH forearm in the box along with the mounted SB forearm.

I called the guy at Ruger to thank him. I also mentioned I was still interested in a 6.5 Creedmore "V". His response was, it is not on the schedule for 2012 at all, Frankly I think we're done with it and wouldn't expect any more to be made. No truer words ever spoken.

I've looked for one since fall of 2012 and have not run across one even on GB, Guns International or Guns America. I don't know total production but not a lot of them.

Ross