1 of 1000 Stainless Blackhawk in 4 5/8 inch bbl. .44 magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gopguy

Bearcat
Thought you all might enjoy seeing this early stainless Blackhawk .44 magnum before I sell it. She is part of a special 1 of 1000 order for Williams Shooting Supply. 4 5/8 inch barrel, she is still NIB after all these years. I will be taking it to the OGCA show in Wilmington Ohio this coming weekend.

2n7met0.jpg

15zgil5.jpg

CraigC

Hawkeye
What, was this a special run that spawned the regular catalog version of the SBH? You learn something new every day.

gopguy

Bearcat
Well these were early enough that it may have indeed spurred the desire. I am not sure.

Colorado_Bisley

Bearcat
Very nice, gopguy! I bought this one in early May of 1992 (grips in pictures are aftermarket). Ruger had just previously done a small batch of blued guns in this configuration, and I missed out. When I saw this one, I grabbed it. Mag-Na-Port, and others, were making money cutting down 7 1/2" Super Blackhawks (i.e. The Predator) and Williams saw a chance to sell some short barreled .44s straight from the factory. It was several years before it became a regular production configuration, but these were the first. I sold this one in 2002, but had to replace it a few years later. Would love to get the old one back, lots of great memories!

Latest posts