Unique Ruger 45

A place for pics of your favorite Ruger firearms. There is a tutorial inside giving instructions on how to post pictures.

Moderator: Moderators

Del J
Blackhawk

Re: Unique Ruger 45

Post by Del J »

Great post. Thank you.
Bob Wright
Hawkeye

Post by Bob Wright »

muzzleloader wrote:Very nice post. I love those grip scales, remind me of an old briar pipe. Kinda friendly like.
You know, I hadn't thought of that. But you're right, does remind me of an old pipe. And that's no slander!

Bob Wright
gramps
Hawkeye

Post by gramps »

Good looking gun, with fantastic richly colored grips. I am curious, why the AR as opposed to the .45 colt? Do you get similar ballistics, with less powder?
gramps
NRA Patron Member
Tn firearms association: http://www.tfaonline.org
sixshot
Hunter

Post by sixshot »

Gramps, sorry for the late reply. Just something different, I have an OM 45 Ruger with the 45 acp cylinder plus other 45 bisley's. This just seemed like such a neat cartridge & I had the Keith mold laying around which is a dandy, wider meplat than the Keith #452424 actually, so it's a great hunting bullet.
I'm headed up to Montana some time next week to hunt white tails & this gun is going with me, hoping to whack something with it. I know the gun is capable.

Dick
M'BOGO
Hunter

Post by M'BOGO »

That .45 is NICE!

Happy Hunting Sir
Jon406
Bearcat

Post by Jon406 »

Very nice indeed
“Fast is fine, But accuracy is final. You must learn to be slow in a hurry.“. .Wyatt Earp
thor's daddy
Bearcat

Post by thor's daddy »

Read your write-up over on SingleActions and just stumbled across it here. That must be one of the most understated and handsome sixguns I've ever seen. A true gentleman's gun, if there ever was one. Thanks for sharing it with us.
-Rod