A 44 Bisley w/5.5" barrel introduced.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Buckeye
A Lipsey's exclusive. Stainless just like the original & scarce Accusport.

The Accusport 5.5" SS Bisleys were offered in 357, 41, 44 & 45, separate runs of the calibers that spanned for a couple or 3 years. Since those runs, about a thousand guns in each caliber, the 357, 41 45 have been re-introduced by various distributors, & a 45 convertible was added.
For some odd reason, the 44 was never offered again, making them pretty scarce. My research indicates that approx. 930 were sold.

Now its back, after all these years, #0877. It excites me, but not form myself as I have mine, & have had as many as 4 at once. I'm happy for those that have looked & never found one. Now is a new opportunity.

gunzo

Buckeye
Guess I could have mentioned 44 "magnum", as Ruger has offered a 5.5" Bisley in 44 Special as a Dist. exclusive for quite some time.
The 5.5" 44 Magnum is the one that's been missing for so long, & I've read countless comments over the years about how folks would like one.

dad45

Single-Sixer
I wonder if there will be any subtle difference to separate the accusport from the new version? I suppose the grips will be the tell at the very least oh and the ser number

gunzo

Buckeye
The photos indicate the non fluted cylinder isn't roll engraved, & like most or all late model BH's, the warning is on the bottom side of the barrel. A better looking gun IMO.

The S/N likely to have a completely different prefix.

There are photos & specs on Ruger's site.

chet15

Hawkeye
And... the markings on the frame will be laser applied whereas the older guns had the serial number stamped and frame marking rollmarked. The barrel is probably still rollmarked with the warning however, as mentioned... on the bottom of the barrel though.
Grips will probably also be different.
Chet15

dad45

Single-Sixer
I like the plain cylinder!! Even though I own them I never really liked the roll engraving on the Bisley cylinders.

Rclark

Hunter
I do like the rolled engraving on the cylinder :) but don't mind the plain Jane version either. Personal preference. Now if this was only 'finished' in blue :) . See never satisfied!

1.jpg

maxima2

Bearcat
Are they available right now?

If so, where?

I want another one!

Wish they would make stainless Bisley's with 7.5" barrels in all the calibers mentioned.

Glad Ruger is making more of these fine guns. :D

Onty

Single-Sixer
maxima2 said:
Are they available right now?

If so, where?

I want another one!

Wish they would make stainless Bisley's with 7.5" barrels in all the calibers mentioned.

Glad Ruger is making more of these fine guns. :D
My vote for 6.5" barrel. To be frank, I also like 7.5" barrel in 41 Magnum and 44 Magnum. However, if you check current list of standard Ruger SA revolvers, you will notice that revolvers with 6.5" barrel are there all the time. So, must be s big demand for that barrel length, probably more than any other.

And definitely; FLUTED CYLINDER! I always wanted stainless Bisley in 44 magnum, but also with fluted cylinder. Unfortunately, stainless Bisley never been available in Canada. So, as soon as Bisley Vaquero, stainless, was on the market, I garbed it, then purchased brand new SBH stainless in 44 Magnum, and final result is this:

A3BfCOu.jpg

Also, I never had revolver that locks cylinder so tight, zero movement, like FA revolver.