Berry The Cat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know a lot of y'all like cats. Here is my cat, Berry. She isn't very big at all, and managed to get herself situated in the corner of the bathtub on a little ledge right between two open windows.

ptokHVJl.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Looking at her,, reminds me so much of a cat I had in my teens,, I called her; "Ding-a-ling!" Very smart,, and was the cat that won my Dad's heart.

Just remember, guys, before you start goin' all squishy on girl cats: "You can take the girl out of the alley, but you" (well, you know!).

I oughta know, I have had an alley cat or two or three or four since 1948.... Got the "cattoos" to prove it!

Kidding aside, she's a cutie, for sure.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Cats are cool. We recently rescued a Siamese. Young cat has been abused. I have 2 Blue Russians that are funny to watch. Little turds get into everything.

Thanks for all the comments. Berry is a very nice cat. She's a little timid, but I think that's because of our two dogs. She tolerates them, but we often think she would have a more outgoing personality if they weren't here. But they all get along. :D

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Great looking cat, Kevin!

I've had two totally indoor cats for 8-9 yrs now. Long haired orange male who looks like Morris from the cat food commercials years ago, and a short haired tuxedo female. Perhaps a nice tortoise or calico will come live here some day.

One never knows what will just show up in the feline world. My neighbor across the street had this "stray"--black longhair TOM cat (emphasis intended)--who'd come and follow him around all day. Definitely outdoor cat only. Neighbor would give it food and water, but even after a couple of years, the cat would not let him touch it. Jump forward and the neighbor hasn't been at his house much for quite a while (he's the caretaker for a friend fighting cancer who'd watched over him when he had his own battle with the disease) and his son stops by, but doesn't feed the cat that I know of.

So a few weeks ago, during a hot spell of 100 deg days, I look out on the back porch and there's a "body" there. Most emaciated cat I've seen in a long time, and it was hard to tell if it was even breathing. I gave it water, not knowing if it would make it. It drank all the water, so I gave it a little food. After a few weeks of "regular" feeding, it's putting on weight, coat looks much better, and it won't let me close to it. I think I rescued the neighbor's cat... ;)

Rick C

Rick: I'm glad you fed the neighbors cat. Berry is also a rescue cat.

When I was in high school, my dad fed this outdoor cat; "Mama Cat." Because she kept having litters of kittens under our shed. We would box up the kittens and find homes for them.

It took a couple of years before she would let anyone touch her. During the winters my dad got a heated water dish so she would have water. But then when he could pick her up. He brought her indoors.

She never wanted to step foot outside again. She was this really beautiful long hair Norwegian Forest Cat. Black and white. Just a perfect textbook example of what they look like. Very docile as well...after we got her fixed.

Every year we go to Bulgaria, my daughter buys a ton of cat food and we spend the afternoons feeding all the street cats. A couple years ago, we were doing that an this old grandma came out of her house and thanked us. She did the same, so we left her some extra food for her dozen or so cats hanging around her front yard.