RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon May 10, 2021 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:30 pm 
Buckeye

About 10 years ago I went on the Numrich Gun Parts website and bought a bunch of NOS sets of wooden grips for Ruger 22 auto pistols with the A54 grip frame. They have the black eagle medallion in the left side grip about a half inch below the upper screw. If I remember correctly, Numrich listed them as made by Sile. Did Sile make the grips for Ruger to put on guns from the factory or for Ruger to sell as a up grade from the hard rubber grips ? Or were they sold by Sile as aftermarket grips that they put Ruger medallions on ? These grips do not have a thumb rest and are in new condition. I am probably going to list a pair on eBay to figure out what they are worth. I rarely see A54 grips for sale there. Thank you in advance.

EvilDr235

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:36 am 
Ruger Guru

They made them BOTH ways for the factory , wood ,checkered as well as thumb rest with the Ruger medallion as well as their own line with a 'Sile' medallion, the same size, then I think Lett made them later...some years ago Sile was closing them out and they were really cheap like $6 a pair with the ruger medallion and folks were buying them up just to get the black eagle medallion out of the 'single' left grip, I know I got about a dozen sets back then.........Sile made the target grips for the Security Sixes also and I do recall being told that they made arrangements for the fancy single action grips for the RSSE , were made in Italy...I was told this by both Jan Matlega and Jack Behn many years ago, in the1970s.......

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:02 pm 
Hawkeye

Hey Chuck, I thought you sold those a few years ago? Sent you a PM.

Brody's Grampa
Donna's Husband
Mark & Jeremy's Dad (Ruby's too)
Heather’s FIL
USN 1968-72
NRA member
VFW
Arms Collectors of SWW
Oregon Arms Collectors
God Bless America