1965??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

coach

Hunter
I got a 50th anniversary Blackhawk on my 50th birthday. Technically I could have possibly acquired an original one, but I'm not that quite dedicated. Does that count? ;)

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Chief - Good luck in you search - I'm a member of the 1965 club as well. Ironically, the last rifle I picked up is my only birth year firearm - Anschutz 141M in 22 WMR - just so happens it's one of my favorite calibers. i found out after I had done the paperwork on it, that it was from '65. Not a huge fan of the "Weatherby style", but it's in much better condition than I am for 55 years old! Good Luck - Bill

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
I've already found one, over priced and not in great shape. I want a really nice one first then maybe a beat up one to use as a base for a refinish with some custom touches. I hope it'll be a fun exercise.

I was born in 55 & a old collector friend was at a gun show in Ohio years back & found me Serial # 383, 357 Flat Top in very bad shape: it had a 10" bull barrel no front sight, drilled & tapped top strap with some kind of a scope bolted in it. No bluing left on it, drilled grip frame for a langured ring that was smashed,
He called and asked if I wanted it because of the serial # being a old Mopar engine size & I am a Mopar guy & it was from the year I was born. Well I told him to get it (this was before the fancy phones pictures). Well I got I got it all fixed back to factory as shipped then have it Engraved with some gold inlays & I displayed it in 2019 in Tulsa fall show. I don't think about the $$$$ it cost to do all that because the only part on the gun I could used was the frame. But it was for me for a special purpose. I enjoyed saving it from the scrap tube.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Kinda fun, on a whim I simply put 1965 in as a GunBroker search and got all kinds of hits. I imagine many folks have done this but it was the first time it dawned on me to try it.

eveled

Hawkeye
My birth year gun is a Marlin model 39 Century Limited. It's pretty cool to hold a gun that is your age.

I think of it as the gun my dad would have bought me on the day I was born.

Best of luck on your quest to find your birth year gun.