After-Market Magazines for Ruger Mini 30, Cap-10rd, etc...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SReagle

Single-Sixer
I only had one reply in my previous post, about this particular part of my forum Question.

I live in California and Ruger dose not make a factory 10 round Magazine.

I am starting a new Forum about After-Market Magazines for the Ruger Mini 30 "7.62x39" with that said I am looking for several opinions to get a feel of what really works and what dose not, so perhaps you have an 10,20 or even a 30 round Magazine that works great no issues etc... or perhaps you have one that never works correctly and never has...

If you have an After-Market Magazine regardless of the Capacity please Commit, as I am looking for several about this issue, Thank all of you in advance... 8)

jmoser

Bearcat
ProMag makes a 10 rd Mini 30 magazine, I have one and it has worked well. Midway has them for ~$22 or so I think.

I bought some brand new Eagle brand off of a fellow on the internet.. these are clear plastic ones, and I would gladly give them to my worst enemy to shoot at me with ... and easily make it home laughing all the way.

SReagle

Single-Sixer
blume357":1n66eo3q said:
I bought some brand new Eagle brand off of a fellow on the internet.. these are clear plastic ones, and I would gladly give them to my worst enemy to shoot at me with ... and easily make it home laughing all the way.

OK, Ya got me laughing, but on a serious note I appreciate the feedback and many others reading this will as well. Thank you again. 8)

SReagle

Single-Sixer
Here is My 2 cents worth Below I emailed Ruger...

I sent Ruger an email via http://www.ruger.com/footer/contact.html# click on this link and it will take you to "Submit Online Request" then click on #2 on the page, maybe if everybody that got this sent Ruger an email they might do something, for those that take the time to ask Ruger here, I promise it will only take a few minutes. I thank you Greatly in Advance.

Note; You do not have to be in a Magazine Restricted State to email Ruger about the Mini 30 not having a 10rd Mag.

Dear Ruger,

When are you going to Produce a 10 rd Magazine for the Mini 30 7.62x39, here in California you know we cannot have any more than 10 rd mags and as I understand there are a few other states as well.

Simply put me and many other Loyal Customers are going to be forced to look else where i.e. other manufactures for a Carbine in that round.

Steven in Calif. 8) 8) 8)

SReagle

Single-Sixer
Here is Rugers Response to me about the 10 round magazine;

Response:
Thank you for your email. We have no plans at this time but will forward your request to our Marketing Department. Thank you for your interest in Ruger firearms.

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

Please note: This e-mail is sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Ruger Firearms

I guess it will depend on How many people they think will purchase them, that is there marketing division will research it, sounds like if there is not enough money in it for them it's a no go. or perhaps it's a no go anyway.

Maybe I should check into the COST end of it for me as well...

Perhaps there is another route I should explore as I have not made any definite choice as to what rifle I am going to purchase, I was going to go with RUGER either the Mini 14 or the Mini 30 and that was that, maybe NOT so much now.....

There is the Auto Ordance M1 Carbine http://www.auto-ordnance.com/PA-1AO_m1.html or the RAA SAIGA http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga.htm

I guess in the end Ruger could care less, That is the REAL SHAME...
:?

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
It has been a while since I have handled my Mini-30 10 round magazines, but I believe that all of them are Promag (One is possibly a triple K). I bought these several years ago and I understand that they have made some improvements.

The ones I had originally would only hold 9 rounds, and had some minor feeding issues. I found that replacing the magazine follower with a Ruger factory magazine follower, for 5 round magazines' cured all of the issues.

If you replace the magazine follower, you will also have to replace the magazine base pad parts as well, because the promag magazine base is not (at least when I bought the magazines) designed to be removeable. There was also a special trick to popping the magazine base pads off that I can not remember (It destroyed the magazine base pads, but did not hurt the magazine).

Charlie

SReagle

Single-Sixer
I am Not Going to Reinvent the wheel or in this case Reinvent the Magazine for the Ruger Mini 30...

IF RUGER DON'T GIVE A yugo I DON'T EITHER.............

Just Getting back into Shooting since the mid 90's and enjoying it once again, I am starting almost all over again after having many of Guns Stolen.

I really like the Mini 30 so Don't get me Wrong, However it is not the End-all of All Rifles in this profile, if Ruger thinks that they are offering something that no other can they are WRONG WRONG WRONG.....

Now I am going to look at the M1 Carbine a little closer or perhaps the SAIGA.........................

SReagle

Single-Sixer
jmoser":2faxdjhs said:
ProMag makes a 10 rd Mini 30 magazine, I have one and it has worked well. Midway has them for ~$22 or so I think.

Jeff is your Mini 30 New model or an older model I was told that the Promag dose not work in the New Model Mini 30, also any help in finding there web site that is Promag and yes I have tried, Thank you in advance. Steven

SReagle

Single-Sixer
I purchased 3 of the Pro-Mag 10 round Magazines and found that the first time thru all 10 rounds went right thru no problems, after that only 9 rounds and thats it. Also had to file just a hair off of one of the Magazines to make it fit and lock in place. I see one of the problems may be that the follower leans forward putting the bullet at a slight downward angle this could be part of the problem.
I also noticed the last bullet tip is all the way up front touching the Mag and could also be part of the problem.
With that said I get 9 Rounds every time no problem...
I think i can live with that, I may even play with one of them to see if I can fix it myself.
So I have Three 9 Round Mags, I just leave one round in.

Latest posts