The new rumored Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

schizuki

Bearcat
The other thread on this got hijacked, so here's my two cents:

Michael Bane says it's a single action. Could mean 1911 clone, though the market seems a bit saturated there.

I'm going to say Single Six in .327. I base that on the fact that the Single Six .32 Magnum seemed to be popular with lady CAS shooters, yet was dropped. I'm thinking it was dropped to clean out the inventory before a .327 was introduced. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) a .327 would chamber .32 Mag.

welder

Buckeye
A very good source at my LGS says a 1911 in the Taurus price/feature range. He was right on the last two? I'll bet 1911 all the way.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
As much as I like Springfield, at the right price point I've got room in my collection for a Ruger 1911. If it is the 1911, I'm hoping that they don't use an external extractor like the S & W!

c.r.

Single-Sixer
yeah, my thread got sideways real quick didn't it.

I think the single six would be the ulimate platform for the .327, however I don't think Ruger will offer it. I believe if the "mystery gun" is in .327, it will be on the medium frame.

A .327 new model flattop can use the exact same length cylinder as the 44 and .357 anniv. All that's needed is smaller holes and a different barrel..........needing fewer tooling changes than if Ruger offereed it on the single six. the single six needs a longer cylinder than the .22 version. something will have to be changed with the way the barrels are threaded/fitted to allow for the longer cylinder.

me second guess will be a 44 special vaquero.

And yes, i'm going with the assumption that it will be a single actions revolver.

~c.r.

Hugh

Buckeye
BuckJM53":v4kigd89 said:
As much as I like Springfield, at the right price point I've got room in my collection for a Ruger 1911. If it is the 1911, I'm hoping that they don't use an external extractor like the S & W!

I do have room for a 1911 at my house again.

flatgate

Hawkeye
The only clue I picked up on was that the discussion took place in the Revolver section and M.B. said that they were in the "right place".......

So, I'll assume a Revolver. Other than that I'm totally clueless.... :D

flatgate

I've been hoping for a .327 Single-Six since the cartridge was introduced.

However, ongoing developments have shown that the new round operates at very considerably higher pressures than the .32 H&R, to the extent that Ruger's .327 offering in the SP101 has required a recall to deal with cylinder problems.

Several custom 'smiths have chambered the round in Single-Sixes by "optimizing" the cylinder window to accept a somewhat longer cylinder. I'm not certain how successful these have been in the long run.

I continue to think the .327 would make a really neat offering in the Single-Six envelope, but I'm no longer optimistic that Ruger will offer it. Time will tell.

JMHO
:)

Flash

Buckeye
My guess would be some other offering in the SP-101. Perhaps rimfire and 9mm again or 40 S&W. I don't believe the firing pin retainer was revamped due to warranty work. In my opinion, it was revamped to facilitate assembly of rimfire and centerfire on the same gun frame. I'd love to see an SP-101 in 22 mag with fully adjustable sights.

grey_beard

Bearcat
mohavesam":20w7vrep said:
It's a No. 1 with a molded plastic lever/trigger guard and a steel barrel liner covered by a molded plastic barrel.

;)

...and chambered for the 40 S&W!

They will offer "single moon clips" for fast "tactical" reloading.

LOL

-Greybeard

Mark McWillis

Bearcat
Ale-8(1)":3oqa6j6h said:
I've been hoping for a .327 Single-Six since the cartridge was introduced.

However, ongoing developments have shown that the new round operates at very considerably higher pressures than the .32 H&R, to the extent that Ruger's .327 offering in the SP101 has required a recall to deal with cylinder problems.

Several custom 'smiths have chambered the round in Single-Sixes by "optimizing" the cylinder window to accept a somewhat longer cylinder. I'm not certain how successful these have been in the long run.

I continue to think the .327 would make a really neat offering in the Single-Six envelope, but I'm no longer optimistic that Ruger will offer it. Time will tell.

JMHO
:)

I have a .327 SS built by Bowen and I love it. NO pressure signs with any factory ammo...the cases fall out and it has a 6 shot cylinder. Now, the 432 Smith opened up to .327 has slightly flattened primers but extraction is OK.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Hugh":39bb8l0y said:
BuckJM53":39bb8l0y said:

I do have room for a 1911 at my house again.

Me too, and a whole ton of other 1911 shooters will too, if it's done right, and the price point is right. Not so much with a .327 anything. Therefore, my bet is on the .327 single action ... yaaaaaawwwwnnnnn.

REV

schizuki

Bearcat
Ah, I was unaware of the chambering issues with the Single Six.

Much as I hate to doubt Welder's source, Bane said he'd be keeping his sample. I think the guy's got plenty of 1911s, including a Para GI Expert, which would seem to be the same class as a Taurus-priced Ruger 1911.

A Vaquero in .44 Special is my next best guess.

I would think a 327 would be the thing. With only the sp101, I would believe they would add another revolver for this round.

I would like to see something in the 1911 family also. I firgured they would update the P345 with something in the "R" family.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
welder":290toji6 said:
A very good source at my LGS says a 1911 in the Taurus price/feature range. He was right on the last two? I'll bet 1911 all the way.

Asked a Ruger rep a couple weeks ago specifically about a 1911 and among other things he said, he'd be at SHOT but a Ruger 1911 would NOT be. Said it pretty matter-of-factly.
Michael bane referenced my screen name in a different forum about this mystery Ruger and said because of my screen name, I'd like it. Have since learned it is indeed a single action revolver.