Which End Of The Cylinder?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Montelores

Buckeye
Does Ruger ever inscribe the last 3 digits of the serial number on the extra cylinder (convertible models) on the rear (breech) end of the cylinder?

Thanks -

Monty

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
NEVER HAVE SEEN ONE THAT WAY, but I do not put anything past the folks at Ruger as sometimes it is AMAZING to find what they've done in an oddball moment.

Nelson8585

Bearcat
I have 2 vaquero in 45 colt/ acp. Both acp cylinders have last 3 digets on front of cylinder. I bought both new, so they came this way.
Hope this helps.

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Owning many convertible Rugers and working on a lot more, I also have never seen the serial number "scratched" on the breach end of a cylinder. As said above, I don't think any of us have seen "everything" yet from Ruger!................Dick :wink:

Monty, yes, over the years we have seen, had and worked on Ruger Single actions that have had the "numbers" marked on the 'rear' of a cylinder...... bet someone out there has a picture of this "anomoly".NO, this is not the norm, but as noted we have had to remove them for folks, renumber them for other folks ( up front of course)
I would say I've seen in MORE on Blackhawks or Vaqueros, than Single Sixes. just an 'observation'.

Montelores

Buckeye
Thanks to all.

I have a newly-purchased OM with the last 3 digits inscribed on both cylinders on the rear ends.

Possibly done by a previous owner?

My concern is that the cylinders are not the factory-fitted originals (.357 and 9 m/m).

Thanks again for all the input -

Monty

ONLY way to know for certain if the gun was shipped as an "X" (convertible ) is through the factory and NO, this does NOT say or mean the cylinders currently in the gun are the ones that were shipped, NO ONE can say that with certainty, must check for the timing, lock up, fit and finish, and make an "educated" guess..if it times , locks up and "works" and "looks" ( finish match) then the presumption is , they are.....................

many of us can tell in a glance if they are "correct" , all of the above, as well as just "how" they are marked with the electric pencil..............pictures would indeed "help" 8)

aside from all of the above, a "cost" ( how much you paid for the gun) will make it more or less "painless" sounds a bit like you have buyers remorse (second guessing your buy?)...if "priced right", you should care less :wink: