Blackhawk cylinder .

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
There is a Ruger buckeye Blackhawk coming to auction this Sunday . The gun is new in the box , but missing the 32 mag . Cylinder . I talked to ruger customer service yesterday about a replacement . They say they can't service it . Any ideas, not even sure what the value is in this scenario or the chance of ever finding a cylinder . Thanks !

hittman

Staff member
There's been several WTB ads here looking for such a cylinder/

If you use the Search feature you may find the other thread asking your same question. I can't find it right now, sorry, but am sure we've had this discussion before.

To me, a gun missing parts is valued as shooter grade. Others disagree …. A lot LOL. And if it's at auction there's a way better than average chance it'll bring much more than it's worth anyway,

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
not even sure what the value is in this scenario or the chance of ever finding a cylinder . Thanks !
The chances of finding a cylinder are slim to none . The missing cylinder always seems to be the 32 mag. My theory is they got pirated out of sets to get reamed to 327 and make 3 cylinder sets .
Just a guess but way more looking for 32 cylinder than 32-20.
The thing that determines the value is what do you want it for. If collecting or flipping better to wait for a full set.
I have one full set tucked away but I was happy to buy one that was reduced to 32-20 also . I have plenty of revolvers that shoot 32H&R/327FED but wanted one for fullhouse rock & roll 32-20. And NO other revolver can handle High level 32-20 like these do.
If I ever stumble into a 32-H&R cyl. of course I will buy it, but,,,,, I'm not searching. As is, this one does not disappoint.
buckeye.jpg

Last edited:

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Any one have a guess as to value with only the one cyl .? I found one that sold recently for $2199. At an online auction in Texas if I remember correctly. The auction is a 2 hour drive one way . I have to give it more thought ......... Thanks to you guys for the input . 😉 I found none on Gun broker.....

Last edited:

3manfan

Single-Sixer
Any one have a guess as to value with only the one cyl .? I found one that sold recently for $2199. At an online auction in Texas if I remember correctly. The auction is a 2 hour drive one way . I have to give it more thought ......... Thanks to you guys for the input . 😉 I found none on Gun broker.....
I had Gary Reeder make me an unfluted cylinder for my NMB in .45 Colt while he had it to do his action job back in 2015, I want to say the cylinder was around $300 but I'm not sure & can't lay my hands on my invoice. Give him a call to see if he'd make you one for your .32.
Gary Reeder / reedercustomguns.com
1-928-536-3313

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
There's been several WTB ads here looking for such a cylinder/

If you use the Search feature you may find the other thread asking your same question. I can't find it right now, sorry, but am sure we've had this discussion before.

To me, a gun missing parts is valued as shooter grade. Others disagree …. A lot LOL. And if it's at auction there's a way better than average chance it'll bring much more than it's worth anyway,
Sometimes Auctions are way crazy on final prices . But I get some real good buys at times even with buyers premiums and taxes . I never been to this auction house before . This auction has no buyers premium , and no online bidding as the other 2 that I attend on a sometimes regular basis have . Some one is liquidating quite a few rugers as there are a few unconverted 3 screw single sixes as well as black hawks and several supers . And they are mostly grouped together as they were consigned to the sale . So I am going to see how it goes ....... ! I was wondering how in the world you lose a cylinder to a nib unfired gun , never thought of the 327 fed donor cyl . Possibility .😊

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I had Gary Reeder make me an unfluted cylinder for my NMB in .45 Colt while he had it to do his action job back in 2015, I want to say the cylinder was around $300 but I'm not sure & can't lay my hands on my invoice. Give him a call to see if he'd make you one for your .32.
1-928-536-3313
Thanks for the info . 👍

Johnnu2

Hunter
1-928-536-3313
My uneducated guess: 2024 price will be $600 (minimum)...........
Let us know if you pursue it....please.
J.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
There is a Ruger buckeye Blackhawk coming to auction this Sunday . The gun is new in the box , but missing the 32 mag . Cylinder . I talked to ruger customer service yesterday about a replacement . They say they can't service it . Any ideas, not even sure what the value is in this scenario or the chance of ever finding a cylinder . Thanks !
If I you want the Buckeye just to own it for your collection, I'd wait for a complete set.
But if you want a shooter and you can get it at a used gun value price, grab it.

You don't need to pay $300 for a custom cylinder that doesn't even look like the original Ruger cylinder. Look for a Ruger .30 M1 cylinder. Those are a lot easier to find than 32 mag.

Buy or rent a .327 reamer, ream the cylinder and shoot both .32 H&R mag and.327 Federal mag. The .327 mag is just slightly larger in dimensions than the .30 M1, except at the base of the case. Reaming the chambers for throat size and barely shaves any metal and will make near perfect .327 chambers.

When the 32 mag was first introduced we discovered they would shoot well in NM Ruger 30 M1 Blackhawks with no modifications. So you don't even have to ream the cylinder to shoot .32 or 327 mags. But if you find an old model 30 carbine cylinder you will need to recess the chamber mouths because the .30 case head fits in the chamber but the 327 Rim is larger diameter. Or you can just face off the cylinder the thickness of the 32/327 mag rim.

Last edited:

Rat76

Single-Sixer
Just saw one on ebay, I checked the dimensions against mine & it's correct

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts