Where Did All The SA Go?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sjs

Single-Sixer
I am looking at the online gun stores I know about for a NIB SA centerfire Blackhawk or Vaquero and none can be found. I see the gun shortage is largely over for many semi autos but not for single actions, at least not Rugers. I would have thought the semis would be more in demand and SA could be found but not the case.

I know about gunbroker and other auction sites but do not feel comfortable using them. I know about guns.com, Buds, Lipsey's and Sportsman's Warehouse. Are there any other reliable on line gun stores that will ship to another state FFL?

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Prices have also skyrocketed on Ruger SA. A 44 Flattop I bought NIB for about $500 in November 2019 is now selling from $800-900 now.

I'll wait to buy more or just be content with the SA I have now.

Rclark

Hunter
content with the SA I have now.
That is where I am at now anyway. I have my favorite flattops in .357, .44 Special, .44 Mag, and .45 Colt. And for favorite fixed sights: the .45 Colt New Vaquero and .45 Colt Model P. A Single Six in .22LR . Of course a ROA for black powder to round it out. Taffin was/is always looking for his "perfect pack'n pistol' ... but I've found my set of revolvers and am content.

I feel sorry for those now looking for revolvers and the high prices that one has to pay. Hopefully it will turn around but given the current administration and what they are doing ... I have my doubts.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Production of the SAs was probably sidelined while the demand for the semi autos was/is trying to be filled. The plastic guns are cheaper, easier, and faster to produce along with unprecedented higher demand of self defense oriented guns. This should change as the market meet demand and demand slows. Not sure how this crazy year will affect rollout of the new Ruger/Marlin leverguns.