US Firearms

Help Support Ruger Forum:

peyton

Single-Sixer
I don't know how it will shoot, I am in Bagram Afghanistan and will be here until May 2013.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Like anything else made in production quantities, value goes up in the mind of the seller only. "liquidation value" is exactly whet a buyer will pay at a given time.
Ya gotta have a buyer to have value.

LightningII

Bearcat
I don't think their prices will do more than keep up with inflation.

USFA's biggest contribution may be that their excellence made Colt step up their quality, and re-introduce the New Frontier, too.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
LightningII said:

USFA's biggest contribution may be that their excellence made Colt step up their quality, and re-introduce the New Frontier, too.

Personally wonder if the Ruger midframe flattops had anything to do with the reintroduction of the New Frontier.

gak

Buckeye
Recent product-wise, I really like(d) the Double Eagle and their take on the birdshead (which actually slightly different in shape than their own "Birdshead" model), and looking forward to one at some point.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
M'BOGO said:
LightningII said:

Personally wonder if the Ruger midframe flattops had anything to do with the reintroduction of the New Frontier.

M'BOGO,
That is a very valid thought! The new Colt CEO has said they wanted to expand there commercial products and it seems logical they would asses what was selling hot in the market place relative to what Colt product they could get into production and shipped out the door the fastest to compete with.

CraigC

Hawkeye
LightningII said:
I hope that you're right because there are still several more I want but I'm afraid this won't be the case. Particularly for the scarcer models.