Updated KBN-455x

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gnappi

Single-Sixer
For YEARS, I've wanted to update my 1993 SS .45 Convertible with a Bisley grip frame (bought new) but over the years Ruger was of no help. The parts guy even went so far to tell me my gun must have been hard chromed because Ruger never made a SS .45 convertible. OK, there's not many of them but to say NEVER made?

Anyway a few weeks ago I finally found a complete Bisley frame (grips, hammer, trigger) and even though it's not completely finished I put it together and went to the range yesterday. I'm sooo glad I took off the plow grip because my hand fits the Bisley grip where the original did not.

This BH was one of my first SS Blackhawks and my LAST with a plow handle :) Now my "problem" is going to get the time and finish the fine detail work and take the remaining minimally proud metal off.

Attachments

• ruger_blackhawk_45_convertible.jpg
    ruger_blackhawk_45_convertible.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
The stainless .45 convertibles from 1992 were pretty rare. I have all 3 barrel lengths, a consec pair of 4-5/8", a single 5.5", and a single 7.5".

By far the rarest is the 5.5" gun like yours, with only 77 made. That one took me the longest to find.

Ruger did make a few runs of 5.5" stainless .45 Bisley convertibles in the early 2000's for the likes of Acusport and Wilson. One of those would be a lot easier to find than the plow handle gun. Only difference being the .45 Colt cylinder was non-fluted with the roll engraved Bisley scene.