Tried the RCBS hand primer.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Rick Courtright said:
So what if we were to start badgering our legislatures to strengthen the truth in advertising laws to require stating the country of origin by name, rather than just allowing the umbrella term "imported?" I like to think a lot of consumers would start voting more with their wallets and credit cards, perhaps enough so as to attract attention from the companies involved.

Just a thought...

Rick C
The ironic thing is that, for most products at least, that specific verbiage is actually what's required by statute. Most products that are wholly manufactured overseas have to identify the country of origin...but for products manufactured here with imported parts the statutes passed by congress require that exact verbiage. It's a textbook case of typical elected weenies who may, or may not, have the best of intentions but haven't the sense to implement them well. Believe me, most companies would like to be able to say "Manufactured of US and Scottish materials" when that is the case...

"You will call it 'Chartreuse'"

"But it's really more green-green-yellow than green-yellow"

"We need standards, so compliance can be assured, you will call it 'Chartreuse'"

Silly, but not far wrong...

John

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
OldePhart said:
The ironic thing is that, for most products at least, that specific verbiage is actually what's required by statute. Most products that are wholly manufactured overseas have to identify the country of origin

Hi,

I think we're going the same direction. Simplistically, without going into the percentage aspects of the laws, the country of origin is required on the package, right? Well, at least if it's "imported" though most folks selling "Made in USA" products are proud of that fact and put it on the box, too. Is that what you're telling us? If so, we're on the same page.

My gripe is that when I order something online, it often says only "Imported" but doesn't designate the country of origin the same way the actual package does once it's in my hand. So it's a wild guess until Mailman Dan or the brown truck shows up with the package. What I'm saying is if the package says "Made in China," so should the catalog description.

As for your "standards that aren't" comments, we could fill a lot of pages with that one, couldn't we? ;)

Rick C

RSIno1

Hunter
I've got a Lee I purchased in the late 60s early 70s when I was using one of their hammer needed reloading set. It sure cut down on setting off primers. Once I got an RCBS Jr I started using the primer arm and then got their primer feeder (the one with the tubes). Transfered it to my Rockchucker in the 80s and still use it today. Hand priming was just one more step and handling the case.