Redneck hillbilly primer catch.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crow#2

Single-Sixer
This press has that clear tube where the primers are suppose to go bit seems like t heyy just want to go to the righ instead of left where the tube is located. Now dont matter which way they go but my bo seems to be the perfect location. They bank right off the white poster board and straight down into the box.

Attachments

• IMG_20240221_201451.jpg
    IMG_20240221_201451.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 72

contender

Ruger Guru
I would get a taller box,, or a longer tube.

I use tubes like that on my Dillons. They feed into a plastic bottle. The cap is drilled out to accept the tube. Does an excellent job of catching primers.

OLE_X_ME

Bearcat
I would get a taller box,, or a longer tube.

I use tubes like that on my Dillons. They feed into a plastic bottle. The cap is drilled out to accept the tube. Does an excellent job of catching primers.
my Dillon 550c would occasionally drop a primer on the floor.

i had reworked the "alligator" trap, with a paper clip it made the jaws open up better, but many times the primers would still fall to the floor.

so over at Etsy.com, i got a 3D printer primer catch up extension

here's the paper clip fix, got it from another gun site..

1708606370677.png

and here is the 3D printed cup extension

1708606433346.png

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
I got my primer catching system from UniqueTek,,, which uses a replacement piece mounted under the press where the spent primer drop is. It has a round stem that a piece of clear tubing attaches to, and the other end,, you can put into a waste basket, a bottle, or whatever. I chose to use a wide mouth plastic bottle, as it captures them totally, and then I can save them for recycle.

OLE_X_ME

Bearcat
I got my primer catching system from UniqueTek,,, which uses a replacement piece mounted under the press where the spent primer drop is. It has a round stem that a piece of clear tubing attaches to, and the other end,, you can put into a waste basket, a bottle, or whatever. I chose to use a wide mouth plastic bottle, as it captures them totally, and then I can save them for recycle.
that's actually a better way to collect them.

god only knows the 2 litre bottles all my grand kids blow thru in a week.

Latest posts