Single-Ten VS .22 SP101

• SA Single-Ten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DA SP101

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
Ok now I know these are apples and oranges but Ruger just came out with two .22lr revolvers; the Single-Ten and the SP101.

Now I like both of these guns; I want to like the SP101 better, but I like he single action best. It is not that i like SA better than DA but the handgun's overall appearance looks better, the sights seem to be a little nicer, and I just think it has better lines. I am also bias towards lighter and shorter triggers...
They are for different roles and the SP101 is more utilitarian than the Single-Ten, but which one do you think is a better firearm?

consider:
*design/features
*aesthetics
*sights
*shooting

*and anything else you might want to add...

So which one do you like best?

Spec Sheet: Single Ten
http://ruger.com/products/newModelSingleSixSingleTen/specSheets/8100.html

8100.jpg

or...

Spec Sheet: SP101 in .22lr
http://ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5765.html

5765.jpg

I am asking just for the fun of it. I would be happy owning either but I don't have the funds to buy one right now....
I will probably buy one or both sometime down the line...

TiteGroups

Blackhawk
Aside from the front sites they both look like great guns and lots of fun. If I were looking for a plinking gun I'd go with the single ten, for a trail gun the SP, reminds me of the Kit guns. Like you though currently out of my budget.

jazzman

Single-Sixer
Well I am first on the list for the sp101 at my local gun store when they arrive, but the single ten may join my others a little later on. Tough choice but I am looking for something my wife can enjoy also and I think the single ten my have a little to much heft to it for her.

Jim

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Personally, If its not a self defense pistol, I don't see the need for double action.

Single-Ten for me. I'm waiting for Ruger's smaller frame 22 to come out next year.

63November

Single-Sixer
Definitely the SP101. Ruger has needed a double back in their line-up since the day they dropped it (when they had something close to two dozen different variations of the Super-Single Six and the auto-loader.)

Besides, a cylinder with ten notches looks weirdo on a revolver. :roll: :grin:

ranger1

Buckeye
SP101, since I already have a few Single Sixes and a couple of Bearcats.

Loading/unloading a double action is much quicker and I think the SP101 would be an ideal trail and plinking gun.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
I don't know that one is "more utilitarian" than the other. If I had a SP101 as a defensive gun I would definitely get the 22 SP. I've already got Single Sixes so the ten shot doesn't really interest me either. If I was in the market for a first 22 revolver the Single Ten would be a good choice. I don't care for the front sight on either.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
LuckenbachTexas said:
Personally, If its not a self defense pistol, I don't see the need for double action.

Great low cost practice for DA defensive weapons?
Other than that I'm not going to comment, most folks are pretty passionate on the subject of which is a better weapon. SA or DA.
Me I have both but do shoot my DA revolvers more.
Sal

Rclark

Hunter
I'd be swapping out the front sight too. Those stock sights are ugly on both guns. If I was to buy one of the two, it would be the SA of course. Personal preference.

batmann

Single-Sixer
Easy choice for me---SP101. I have a Single Six (6 shot) w/ the mag cylinder and the thought of punching out more empties just didn't appeal to me. NOW, where is my check book!

Easy choice for me. I voted for neither.

Can't get past the front sights. :? But the rear sights are great!

This's what they should look like to a dinosaur like me...
GEDC0271.jpg

More proof that everybody has a different idea of what a gun should be, or not be. Ruger does a very good job of covering all the bases.
WAYNO.

scootergmc

Bearcat
I'm holding out in hopes they can make the SP in a 10 round package with an unfluted cylinder. I don't know if there's enough room in the cylinder, but if there is in the single 10, I'm figuring they can do it. Crossing my fingers...

Single-Sixer
I hope they sell a ton of each one. I've got a few other Ruger priorities first but I'll probably eventually get around to both of them.

tguil

Single-Sixer
Neither. Just don't care for their looks. I own four Ruger handguns and two Ruger rifles so I really am a Ruger guy. But then I really didn't care for the looks of the Security Six (had three of them :? ) and traded my last one for GP100 as soon as they arrived on the scene. Oh, I have fiber optic sights on a Mark II bull barrel and on a Redhawk. IMO they look OK on those two guns but not so great on the SP101 or the Single Six. Not bashing the new guns. Just my opinion.

Tom

sgtlmj

Bearcat
scootergmc said:
I'm holding out in hopes they can make the SP in a 10 round package with an unfluted cylinder. I don't know if there's enough room in the cylinder, but if there is in the single 10, I'm figuring they can do it. Crossing my fingers...

8's about the max for a small frame. They could easily do 10 if they stepped up to the GP100 frame. Similarly, S&W has 8-shots in their Mod 63 J-Frame, and 10-shots in the Mod 617 K-Frame.

As mentioned previously, apples and oranges.

I greatly dislike the appearance of the front sights, but with my aging eyes they might be just the ticket. I'd have to try them out to see. Sorry about the pun.

Other than that, I would consider them different tools for different uses, and not choose one over the other.

I would greatly prefer either of them in blued steel, however.

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
The single 10 is the best choice of those two of course. Now you can shoot as many rounds as the cowboys on the silver screen :)

Actually I like both, but I'm a single action fan.