Super Blackhawk 44 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pjay

Bearcat
I'm sure this is a dumb question but I bought a super Blackhawk and it came with a plastic yellow washer looking thing. I looked in the manual and I can't find it in there
IMG_1162.jpeg

elmo123

Bearcat
It's placed between the cylinder and the breech face to indicate it's not loaded.

BearBiologist

Hunter
Fits on the cylinder as a safety measure. Removed after you take possession of the firearm. Requires that the cylinder be removed to install or remove it. Prevents the firearm from being loaded.

pjay

Bearcat
Thank you. The manual also said that dry firing it won't hurt it. Do I have to put that in before it can be dry fired? Sorry I haven't had many revolvers. So I'm kinda new to them

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Not to go off track on this thread , but my father taught me starting out to never dry fire a gun .

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
Not to go off track on this thread , but my father taught me starting out to never dry fire a gun .

Some see it as a safety issue. It is advised not to dry fire some depending on hammer/firing pin configuration. Rimfires you definitely don't want to dry fire w/out a buffer of some type. Snap caps are a convenient way to practice/dry fire.

During SAMI school we dry fired the 1911 a zillion times in the classroom. They put a dime on top of the slide...if it fell off during dry fire you failed. Also put pencils down the barrel, and stood close enough to the wall for the pencil to mark it when the firing pin hit the eraser. It was to determine if all fundamentals were executed.

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!

Around here,, we offer help & not criticism as much as we can. Your question was NOT out of line. Glad you asked it,, and you can see you got good info above.

Latest posts