Stainless Bearcat ejector rod housing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EWKArms

Bearcat
Thanks for the kind words Uncle Howie! :) I hope my previous post didn't come off like I was complaining, cause I'm not, I'm very happy/thankful that I have sold what I have! Pretty much what it boils down to is that I love guns, making parts, and making people happy, so that allows me to do what others can't cause they are in it to make money mainly. 8)

Bullet, normally the best thing is to go through the website to order them as that's easier to keep track of things, but of course now that you need one, they're all sold out! Shoot me an e-mail and I can try to let you know when they are in back in stock if that works for 'ya!

Eric

bulletnose

Bearcat
Bullet, normally the best thing is to go through the website to order them as that's easier to keep track of things, but of course now that you need one, they're all sold out! Shoot me an e-mail and I can try to let you know when they are in back in stock if that works for 'ya!

Eric[/quote]

Thanks Eric, will do. Not the first time I have run into this situation. I have since found your website and will check it regularly for updates. I have already ordered a Belt Mt. base pin and for now I will try to strip the funky looking paint off the ERH. You know what they say, "when life hands you a lemon you make lemonade". Lemonades not too bad, but I still like "Fine Wine" !

potthawg

Bearcat
I posted Sunday night that I had just ordered the part and it arrived in Thursday's mail.

Spent all of five minutes switching them out and here's my unbiased report;

Three days in transit shipping...A+
Fit and finish of the product......A+

Best money I've spent on firearms in a long time.
My little Bearcat looks much better now.
Thank you Eric for a quality product as advertised.

EWKArms

Bearcat
Thanks for the feedback Pott, that's great to hear! :)

Bullet, and the rest of you guys that e-mailed be should have just been sent a note from me that they are back in stock! If I missed giving ya' a heads up, I do apologize! :?

I also got some blued ones done, but been running into camera problems to get some pictures up. New camera is on the way, and hopefully will be here this week and then I will be in good shape for taking pics!

With the chamfer/bevel on the housings, decided not to offer it at this point. There is a use for the old aluminum housing! Use it to practice putting the bevel on 'em!

Eric

Doc Mark

Single-Sixer
Hey, Eric,

Many thanks for the heads up! I'll take take one! Out of town right now, but I'll talk to youon Monday for payment and shipping info. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

EWKArms

Bearcat
Good deal Doc! 8)

I threw an ERH up on Gunbroker to see what will happen. Also, Stump Buster's 'cat is now famous as pics of it are in the ad!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=212588075

As a side note, I thought to try to put one up on ebay, but I don't know now, after I read the rules that say I can't put pics of Stump's Bearcat in the auction, I'm pretty bummed. :(

Eric

bulletnose

Bearcat
ERIC~~ Got my S.S. ERH today and thanks. My Bearcat now looks like it should have from the factory. I don't understand why Ruger put such a funky looking housing on it. If it's a cost saving step then why not use "plastic" like they do on the 1022's ? DUHH ! Your products are very good and as a retired Aircraft Tool Milling Machinist, I must say the fit and finish are A+.

Doc Mark

Single-Sixer
Hi, Eric,

It's fun to see the photos you used in your ad, my Friend! I'm sure Stump Buster got as big a grin out of it as did I!! :D :D I hope my payment to you arrives on your end soon, and my own housing will soon replace the aluminum one in that photo that you used. Looking forward to it! Thanks, also, for giving the two of us credit for the photos, too, Eric! You're a class Gentleman, Sir. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

EWKArms

Bearcat
That's great to hear bullet, thank you very much! :)

Thank you also Doc, I try! Got your payment, and your housing is on its way to you. Can't wait for your to get it and continue your Bearcat thread! 8)

Eric

Doc Mark

Single-Sixer
Evening, Eric,

Outstanding news, my Friend! Thanks, very much! I will be sure to post a note when it arrives, and is safely installed where it belongs. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

drmegabyte

Bearcat
EWKArms said:
Thank you also Doc, I try! Got your payment, and your housing is on its way to you. Can't wait for your to get it and continue your Bearcat thread! 8)

This 'Doc' got his as well. Any advice from the crowd on polishing the new stainless steel ejector rod to match my stainless steel bear-cat?

swcr

Bearcat
Not stainless but I did just receive one of Eric's blued steel ERH. I put it on my Super Bearcat this morning and am very happy with it. It looks good and fit perfect.

Bearcat.jpg

Bearcat2.jpg

Bearcat3.jpg

Bearcat4.jpg

Doc Mark

Single-Sixer
Hi, Eric,

I got my stainless housing today, and have to say, you do a FANTASTIC job on them!! Thank you, very much, for your skills, and for creating this wonderful part for us Ruger lovers!! Well done! I look forward to installing mine soon, and will post a report about that. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

EWKArms

Bearcat
Doc MB, I use 120 grit in the polishing process on the ERH, I would say your best bet is to use finer grits and keep playing around with it till you get the polish you desire.

Doc Mark, That is great news, thanks for the kind words!

swcr, thanks for posting the pics, looks great!

On another interesting note, the one ERH I had on gunbroker didn't seem to generate much interest. Went for $23. Anyway, got it re-listed with a buy it now. :)

Eric

EWKArms said:
On another interesting note, the one ERH I had on gunbroker didn't seem to generate much interest. Went for $23. Anyway, got it re-listed with a buy it now. :)

Eric

Eric-

I put in a couple of "super lowball" bids, hoping to get a steal. I guess I didn't watch closely enough- I still could have gotten a deal!

I already bought two of the stainless ERHs from you, but I thought you never know what kind of deal you can get on GB.

I'll concede that if I won, my intentions were not honorable... :twisted:

It looks like your current auction parameters will protect you more than the first auction!

Since it looks like you have more S&W 2214 firing pins in stock, I'll be putting in an order for some of them, plus a blued Bearcat ERH.

Thanks for the great service, and low shipping cost!

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
The product looks great.

I did spend about 2 hours with my diamond knife sharpener fitting it. It wouldn't fit flush to the barrel in some spots. I attribute this to the very minor differences in where the screw hole is drilled from gun to gun which creates a twist condition as you try to tork the screw lifting one side up off the barrel leaving a nasty gap. The answer was not altering the screw hole, it was taking some off the right spots of the rod where it fits flush against the barrel until it would lay flat as you tork the screw down.

I could work on it more but at this point I think well enough alone would be best. Eventhough I can tell, it looks leaps and bounds better than the aluminum one. Those aluminum rods don't look bad until you put them in sun light and they glow silver/gray.

EWKArms

Bearcat
Thanks for the feedback! E-mail sent back with more details!

I'm kind of at a loss what to do...seems there have been issues with the housings fitting, like Luckenbachtexas stated above. One guy got a blued one, and while he said there were no problems with it fitting the barrel contour, it was sticking up too much in the back where it goes in the frame. He sent it back to me along with the old housing, and I got to checking and the old housing is alot smaller on the end that goes in the frame! Which is different than the sample one I worked off of and made these the same as!

So I dunno, still the majority of guys have said they have fit their 'cats fine. But then we are talking about 75ish housings so far. I just wonder out of the pool of the 'cats out there, there can be some pretty big differences, it seems to be that way...

So thinking at this point I won't make any more of the blued housings once they are all sold. There may be a pretty good chance there is going to have to be some fitting done, and at least with the S.S. one it won't have to be refinished.

Eric

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
"alot smaller on the end that goes in the frame"

I noticed something like that.

Let me say that it fits flush before the tork and lift (twist), I really think its a slight screw hole difference in the barrel.

Bearcatlvr

Bearcat
Mine was a perfect fit which is more than I can say about the one I got from Ruger. It didnt fit the hole slot at the back with out alot of filing. I guess the frames are bored slightly off sometimes.

Latest posts