SR9/SR9c/SR40 Modifications and Accessories

Help Support Ruger Forum:

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
Glad to see pics of the micro-90 light on that pistol- have one on my SD9 so I CAN use it on my 9c- good news. Easier to carry my 9c, but of course- now I'll need a new holster.

edgalang

Bearcat
freedomcosts said:
Glad to see pics of the micro-90 light on that pistol- have one on my SD9 so I CAN use it on my 9c- good news. Easier to carry my 9c, but of course- now I'll need a new holster.

If you ever find a holster that fit the SR9c WITH the Micro-90 please share. The closest I've found would be the Fobus GLT Tactical holster, but that's made only for the regular sized SR9. As for the micro-90, due to the lack of holster support, it only gets installed when its sitting in the safe.

A

Anonymous

Mine is on my bedside gun, but if I go out at night, now I know I can slip it on to my 9c. Tried it in my belly-band, but if you put it down into the pocket deep enough to hold the gun, the light- as suspected- gets caught. Going to order a Cleveland in the next few days, before I do I'll ask Bobby if he can do it for the light. Will be glad to share the answer.

boltons75

Single-Sixer
Williams Firesights are also available for these guns, I briefly had a set on my 40c, and while the sight picture is nice, and they are adjustable for both w/e with a screw driver, the front sight is just too big for a ccw weapon.

boltons75

Single-Sixer
I also just heard back from ameriglo about their sights, and they have assured me that the issue with their night sights has been resolved. Looking to get a set for my sr40c soon.

boltons75

Single-Sixer
Oh it's out alright.

I can honestly say I'm proud to show off the V2.

Ok, looks very nice. I have a question for you about your sights, do they interfere with holsters. That front sight looks quite large? Also, where could I score one of those cool large diagrams for our guns?

edgalang

Bearcat
boltons75 said:
I have a question for you about your sights, do they interfere with holsters. That front sight looks quite large? Also, where could I score one of those cool large diagrams for our guns?

I have gone through 3 front sights. Original>Big Dot>Standard Dot. Of the 3 I like the standard dot the best. Although I do have a leather holster, I'm probably not the best one to comment how it'll affect holster wear since I barely wear mine (I only bought a holster for open carry range use). From initial inspection it doesn't seem to matter due to the way my DeSantis holster was folded, but then again that's only with 1 holster.

In regards to the diagram...that's actually a gun cleaning mat. You can get one directly from the Ruger website under cleaning supplies.

http://shopruger.com/SR9c-Gun-Cleaning-Pad/productinfo/19705/

boltons75

Single-Sixer
edgalang said:
boltons75 said:
I have a question for you about your sights, do they interfere with holsters. That front sight looks quite large? Also, where could I score one of those cool large diagrams for our guns?

I have gone through 3 front sights. Original>Big Dot>Standard Dot. Of the 3 I like the standard dot the best. Although I do have a leather holster, I'm probably not the best one to comment how it'll affect holster wear since I barely wear mine (I only bought a holster for open carry range use). From initial inspection it doesn't seem to matter due to the way my DeSantis holster was folded, but then again that's only with 1 holster.

In regards to the diagram...that's actually a gun cleaning mat. You can get one directly from the Ruger website under cleaning supplies.

http://shopruger.com/SR9c-Gun-Cleaning-Pad/productinfo/19705/

So, which sight is on the gun in the photo, the Big dot or the regular dot? Just curious, are the 3 front sight all the same profile?

edgalang

Bearcat
boltons75 said:
So, which sight is on the gun in the photo, the Big dot or the regular dot? Just curious, are the 3 front sight all the same profile?

Any picture with the smooth faced guiderod is the standard dot. The rest is the big dot.

ar15bassplayer

Bearcat
I finally picked up my Ruger SR-9. Sweet gun! It was a choice between this and the Glock 17. I like the look and feel of the SR-9, so finally jumped in and made the purchase. Thanks jhearn for all the videos. It's been very helpful for getting to know the SR-9!

2 quick questions -

a) has anybody used an Arch Angel Holster for CCW? I'm trying to make a decision between this and the Crossbreed holster.

b) has the Hogue Handall presented problems to anybody as far as concealment and holsterability?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

this_is_nascar

Bearcat
I'll admit to not reading all 10-pages of this thread, but can someone tell me if anyone has come up with a 15-round magazine or a NJ compliant modded mag using the 17-round mag for us poor b*stards in the People's Republic of New Jersey?

this_is_nascar

Bearcat
explorecaves said:
IIRC, all that is available is the 10 or 17 rnd mags...

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping someone attempting working the 17-rounder down to a 15-rounder. Most other states have no issues with the 17-rounds, so going from 17 to 10 (because that's all is available) in NJ really sucks.

this_is_nascar

Bearcat
Anyone out of state willing and capable of modifying a few 17-round mag to only accept 15-rounds? Here in NJ, we are not allowed to have in our possession, a mag that hold more than 15-rounds. I'd be looking for someone to "pin" a few 17-round SR9 mags to only accept 15-rounds and ship them to me in NJ.

e.lectronick

Bearcat
this_is_nascar said:
Anyone out of state willing and capable of modifying a few 17-round mag to only accept 15-rounds? Here in NJ, we are not allowed to have in our possession, a mag that hold more than 15-rounds. I'd be looking for someone to "pin" a few 17-round SR9 mags to only accept 15-rounds and ship them to me in NJ.

Hey, Nascar.

Not sure where you are in NJ, but I had a talk with one of the staff instructors over at Brick Armory in Lakewood, NJ, and he said they have a local gunsmith who regularly welds 17 round magazines to accept only 15 rounds. I'd give them a call (732-364-3500)

Cheers
Erik

this_is_nascar

Bearcat
e.lectronick said:
this_is_nascar said:

Hey, Nascar.

Not sure where you are in NJ, but I had a talk with one of the staff instructors over at Brick Armory in Lakewood, NJ, and he said they have a local gunsmith who regularly welds 17 round magazines to accept only 15 rounds. I'd give them a call (732-364-3500)

Cheers
Erik

That's great. Thanks for the info and Happy New Year.