Sig Sauer 2022 - looking for an opinion.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BeerManNOLA

Bearcat
I bought a Sig Pro 2022 in 9mm about 3 months ago and I LOVE it. That was the first pistol in semi auto I've ever had (just getting into the personal protection and firearms scene, but have owned a Dan Wesson for 25+ years), and I did a lot of research prior to purchasing it. I have to say, putting about 600 rounds through it so far has been absolutely fantastic. Only 1 FTE, and that was my wife shooting it and I believe it was an issue with the round, not really a pistol issue at all. Anyway, I would say that the only issue with the Sig Pro is it may be a tad thick for some, especially if you're going to CC. I still love it and wouldn't think of trading it, but I did just pick up a SR40C to carry due to the bulkiness of the 2022. I love both pistols, and would recommend either at 100%. All I can say is, if you have the opportunity to shoot the Sig Pro, do it, and you'll understand why it's so popular among people who have tried it.

Btw, newbie here to the forum (3rd post). Looking to have some fun on the boards.

BeerManNOLA

youngde

Bearcat
I own two SP2022s; one in 9mm and one in .40 S&W. I also have an SR9. Hands down, I shoot and carry my SR9 the best. The quality of the Sigs is great, but right now I'll say the same for my SR9. Almost 1000 rounds now with no failures whatsoever; it's my daily carry gun.

-- david

john16443

Single-Sixer
Gotta agree with youngde on this. Had a new SP0222 in 9mm earlier this year, and while the trigger was good, it never shot near as accurate as my SR9 regardless of bullets used. Sold it after a few months, and found a CZ 75B to replace it. The CZ and SR9 are my 9's now.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Shot a 2022 yesterday...bought an xd instead. That Sig was a huge disappointment. DA trigger is worst I have seen to date.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
I have had great luck with Sig SP's. Never found one I didn't like, even though I prefer the pre-rail versions. I have shot the 2009, 2022 and own (2) 2340's. But, as always, a stinker could of course be out there. The SP's are bigger than the 229, not quite 226 sized.

modrifle3

Buckeye
My complaint is the same with the p345. In DA mode you have to nearly hit the frame before it fires. The huge slide lock was weird. It just didn't feel Sig.

The SP2022 was the first gun I ever owned so I had nothing to compare it to. It seemed to shoot low but I fixed that. The only thing I don't like about it is how far the slide lock sticks out.
After I got the SR9C I don't use the SIG nearly as much. I shoot much better with the Ruger and it feels better in my hand.