Showing off my 5 1/2" Blued ROAs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rutcutter

Single-Sixer
Added some brass grip frames. Altamont rosewood grips.

Turned out pretty nice I think. Wish the grips fit better, but they will do for now.

Mike

phone581.jpg

B.L. Hall

Single-Sixer
Beautiful!!! I have been looking for a ROA 5.5" blue or ss... I want one bad! if anyone knows of someone who wants to get rid of one... Please let me know!

rutcutter

Single-Sixer
I do shoot SASS and am currently the Utah State Champion Frontiersman.

Jim, I like those fluted cylinders and the hammers, I am in the process of recontouring some ROA hammers, lowering the spur about an 1/8th inch.

Here is a picture of my winning SS ROAs .

If you look close you can see the modified rammers in these and the blued ones in the first picture.

OldArmies009.jpg

B.L. Hall

Single-Sixer
I saw that, i just don't have that kinda cash.

I did find a blued one (I like the blued better) thanks to NorEaster...

AND I have a very nice brass gripframe waiting! woohoo!

scramjet

Single-Sixer
I've been looking at some of the Uberti stuff (smokless powder open tops) looks rather neat any input.

Tom

NorEaster

Blackhawk
scramjet said:
I've been looking at some of the Uberti stuff (smokless powder open tops) looks rather neat any input.

Tom

The Uberti's will most likely need work to make them work well. I bought a pair of Remington 1858 5 1/2" barreled w/case colored frames. Real pretty to look at; but that was about it. The timing was way off on one, so I sent it back to the folks that imports and sells them to the CAS crowd for repair. It came back worse than when it left.
I ended up dumping them for about $250 for the pair, I paid $700 for the pair of them