Sell smiths to buy rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Smiths for Rugers, Rugers for Colts, Colts for Rugers makes no difference to me. Hell I sold a Freedom Arms to buy a couple of Smiths and a few years later sold the same Smiths to buy another Freedom. My wife thinks I have commitment issues.

bogus bill

Hunter
Probably like most of us I own Rugers, Colts and many Smiths. I would guess I own about 30 good handguns well represented by all three makers. I probably have had around another 100 or so pass through my hands and had good luck with all of them. All three make good guns. Or at least they used to.

I have only 2 Smiths, a K22 and a #19.
I'll keep those till the day I die.
I have several Rugers but only 3 are untouchable, never to be " on the table".
My first owned rifle, a 1022.
My first owned revolver, a Single Six.
My first owned semi auto, a Standard.
Those are part of the fabric of my life, the rest are just for fun. :)

winchester348

Single-Sixer
I traded a Model 27-2 8 3/8" Nickel in the presentation box for a Ruger Redhawk in 357 mag LNIB. If inclined I could get on GB tonight and replace the Smith 27. I probably couldn't replace the Redhawk 357 quite as fast. Though I could probably buy 3 Rugers of varying models for what folks are asking for the 27s. I feel I did well on the trade. Unless Ruger comes back out with the .357 Redhawk I will probably be on the upside and if they did I still wouldn't give a hoot. I have a bunch of N frame Smiths. They are works of art and carry great but when it comes to shooting/hunting I like my Rugers

Major T

Blackhawk
No! But I have and like both. My Ruger revolvers are all SA, plus a couple of old
Mk I s. My Smiths are all revolvers. I might add that my Colt's are semi autos.

Best,

Jack

I

375supermag

Blackhawk
Hi...
No, I do not sell Smiths to buy Rugers or vice versa...in fact, I have only ever sold one gun to buy another
I once sold a very inaccurate Taurus .357 Mag in a trade for a Dan Wesson .375SuperMag. I had to include a couple hundred bucks but I think I did OK.

FWIW, I own Smiths, Rugers, Colts and several other makes of handguns. I buy what I like and/or want. Not wedded to any particular manufacturer.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I traded a Smith 28-2 in a deal for a Ruger 45 colt Blackhawk 7.5". It was my first 45 colt and my buddy loved the Smith; so we are both really happy.

I have a Model 410 .40 caliber Smith that I would not trade though. It always goes bang and handles really well. I would have a hard time trading a semi that has proven so dependable.

gtxmonte

Buckeye
I love my Ruger single actions.........but as far as DA revolvers and autos, they don't rank anywhere near the top as my favorites. I have one Ruger semi auto, a SR1911. I have 3 Ruger DA revolvers and 2 of those are for sale.

So to answer original question...........No and couldn't see it ever happening. Maybe if I had a duplicate and a really rare Blackhawk was involved could be the exception

gtxmonte said:
I love my Ruger single actions.........but as far as DA revolvers and autos, they don't rank anywhere near the top as my favorites. I have one Ruger semi auto, a SR1911. I have 3 Ruger DA revolvers and 2 of those are for sale.

So to answer original question...........No and couldn't see it ever happening. Maybe if I had a duplicate and a really rare Blackhawk was involved could be the exception

I may be interested in buying them. Details. Please?

32magfan

Blackhawk
I have been too busy "accumulating" to sell much. I have sold two Super Blackhawks and a 45 Colt BlackHawk as well as a Single Six in 17HMR. I traded a decent model 15 for a neighbor to install a gas wall heater. Other than those few the last few years, I have been addin', not subtractin'. :shock:

I too would be interested in pre- lock Smith revolvers you guys want to sell for financing your Ruger purchases. :mrgreen:

32Magfan

gtxmonte

Buckeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
gtxmonte said:

I may be interested in buying them. Details. Please?
1981 model Redhawks. Consecutive serial numbers. One NIB unfired, the other has had 6 rounds fired through it. In the classifieds. The 3rd is a stainless, 6" Security six. Probably sell it as well. Also have a NIB P-90 that I have owned at least 15 years and never fired. I would like to be completely out of Ruger pistols, other than SAs, the 1911 and my Mark 22s

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Learned mostly that Smiths took longer (than Rugers) and cost more to replace either, once sold. So that alone... 8) Keep 'em all.

Lngstrt

Single-Sixer
I have a Smith 6" Mod 28-2 and a 6" 25-5 (45LC). I might part with them .......
Not sure what Ruger I would buy, though. I wanted a Security Six, 4", blue 30+ years ago ...... Not partial to the current 101/100 crop.

As noted above ...... given the asking prices of some Smiths .... I should sell all 10 I have and buy a nice new car!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts