Sad Day for My GP-100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
Just got a responce to an email I sent to Ruger Customer Service on the 2nd, keeping in mind I sent it in on October 26th.

Response:
As of Nov.2, a new barrel has been installed and is being reblued.

Looks like I will have my original GP-100 back soon at no cost, Thank you Ruger!

Cheers,
W-W

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
That's awesome news!

I have to wonder what criteria Ruger would use to replace the barrel? I mean, sure the physical damage is clear. However, does Ruger take a customer at their word? Do they inspect and test the gun to find out if indeed the damaged is consistent with the customer's description?

Whatever the case, I'm not complaining. It's great to see Ruger take care of their customers like that. :)

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
I came home from a business trip and found waiting for me a package from Ruger. My GP-100 has had its barrel replaced, re-blued, and returned at no charge. It looks brand-new!

Cheers,
W-W

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
wild_weasel said:
I came home from a business trip and found waiting for me a package from Ruger. My GP-100 has had its barrel replaced, re-blued, and returned at no charge. It looks brand-new!

Cheers,
W-W

The best news possible !

Cary

Single-Sixer
That is great customer service. The money companies like Ruger lay out to repair guns in this and other scenarios is well worth the PR they get back in return. When I purchase any gun I also take in consideration the company behind it and their reputation of customer service. With the Internet and all now days the results of good and bad customer service can spread like wild fire. I had a similar experience with S&W and a M19-6 with a cracked forcing cone. They sent me a new gun to replace it.
Cary

Blackmore

Blackhawk
wild_weasel said:
Called Ruger Customer Service and got an RMA to return my GP-100 to the New Hampshire facility. The killer was paying $83 and change for overnight air from California. So, I should be hearing in a week or two what the way forward is.

Cheers,
W-W

Nice outcome. Takes a little of the sting off the $83.

frontstuffers

Single-Sixer
"I came home from a business trip and found waiting for me a package from Ruger. My GP-100 has had its barrel replaced, re-blued, and returned at no charge. It looks brand-new!

Cheers,
W-W"

Good news indeed and another sucess story for Ruger's customer service. Don't forget to send them a thank you for the work that they did. A little positive feedback like that goes a LONG way.

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
After sales support is always a consideration when I buy a new gun. For example I recently bought an S&W MP-15 Sport, the life time warranty offered by S&W made choosing the MP-15 over other AR-15 clones a no-brainer.

Cheers,
W-W

barney dennison

Bearcat
man thats awsome that there fixing it for free i couldnt even get a mag to replace a defective one from a certain gun company that starts with a big fat T...... whats why ive sold off all them but two and after the new year ill be down to one. not sure i can sell my sons single shot 22 410 combo it actually shoots really good and he loves it but he might like a shiney new 10/22 lol ill have to run that by him. anyway thats awsome man

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
wild_weasel said:
After sales support is always a consideration when I buy a new gun. For example I recently bought an S&W MP-15 Sport, the life time warranty offered by S&W made choosing the MP-15 over other AR-15 clones a no-brainer.

Cheers,
W-W

Glad to hear of the outcome for your GP-100! On another note, personal experience shows that S&W does not honor the warranty if after-market parts cause the need for repair!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
darkwater67 said:
On another note, personal experience shows that S&W does not honor the warranty if after-market parts cause the need for repair!

Hi,

You would expect any other course of action? They warrant what THEY built, not what someone else did... note comments about aftermarket springs and other parts every time someone asks about sending in a Ruger. ;)

Rick C

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
Leaving guns in their factory configuration is always a consideration for warranty purposes, also if you intend to use a gun for home/self defense factory original is the only way to go. Took the GP-100 to the range the other day to sight it in. After 30 rounds of Remington 125 gr JHP I had it zeroed at 10 yards, it grouped into an inch!

Cheers,
W-W

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
Rick Courtright said:
darkwater67 said:
On another note, personal experience shows that S&W does not honor the warranty if after-market parts cause the need for repair!

Hi,

You would expect any other course of action? They warrant what THEY built, not what someone else did... note comments about aftermarket springs and other parts every time someone asks about sending in a Ruger. ;)

Rick C

No argument there! But when the OP mentioned getting an AR-15 clone, owners typically modify them heavily. The only reason we needed to modify the 317 we bought was that it experienced the common problem of light primer strikes and an extended length firing pin was recommended to solve the issue. Next time, we'll just send it back to the factory, even though it takes longer for them to fix it than a local gunsmith.

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
wild_weasel said:
Leaving guns in their factory configuration is always a consideration for warranty purposes, also if you intend to use a gun for home/self defense factory original is the only way to go. Took the GP-100 to the range the other day to sight it in. After 30 rounds of Remington 125 gr JHP I had it zeroed at 10 yards, it grouped into an inch!

Cheers,
W-W

Aye, it's too bad that modifying a gun for self-defense often ends up working against you in court, since some of the customizations done by Cunningham, Bowen or Morganti are things of beauty and functionality.

Grats on the accuracy of your GP!