$199.00 GP 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Yes I am the original owner.
Really? I wonder why they would not replace my revolver.
My Advice - Do not buy anything from S&W
Buy a Ruger!
You purchased one of their guns and had it blow up on you, sent it to them, they tell you send us 600 and we'll ship you a new one and you didn't ask them why they're not replacing free of charge? Ok then
I like both brands without previous issues and will continue to buy both.

harley08

Blackhawk
You purchased one of their guns and had it blow up on you, sent it to them, they tell you send us 600 and we'll ship you a new one and you didn't ask them why they're not replacing free of charge? Ok then
I like both brands without previous issues and will continue to buy both.
Oh I asked them - all they wanted was money.
S&W su-ks!

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
Right place, right time. Awesome

Reminds me what happened to my nephew about four years ago. He had recently started working at the NYPD in Queens and he was manning the front desk for someone. An elderly man walked in and he wanted to turn in a pistol. My nephew was asking him the story. The guy was a Vietnam Vet and had bought the pistol legally about that time but had no use for it and wanted to just surrender it to dispose of it. My nephew told him instead of giving it up he'd purchase it from him. They met up soon after that day and the deal was done. I don't recall how much he paid but I think he still talks to the gentleman because they liked each other. The pistol, Colt 1911 Gold Cup! The seasoned cops in the precinct were pissed that this rookie hit the lottery.
Your Son may have saved that Vets life, and the continued friendship may have expanded that Vets life span.....

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Your Son may have saved that Vets life, and the continued friendship may have expanded that Vets life span.....
My nephew. Maybe but at the time the guy seemed well adjusted just didn't want the gun around I guess from what I recalling him telling me. I never really heard the long version. I'll have to ask him the next time we talk. I hope they still communicate but my Nephew and his wife moved to Tn and started a new job taking up a lot of time so not sure. Like you said, I hope so.

Onty

Single-Sixer
I got a Thompson Center Contender 44 magnum 14" barrel about the same way; the display case glass broke and scratched it all up...Sold the barrel, but still have the frame.
IMHO, if somebody wants to be proficient handgun shooter, getting Contender is the best investment she or he can make. That handgun is accurate like rifle, it will make one ragged hole all day long with any reasonable good ammo, regardless of caliber. The most important thing is confidence of the shooter that if something goes wrong on the target, it's him, not the firearm.

This is from the guy who started shooting the worst possible way, with wobbly .455 Webley from WWI, shooting ammo with solid base bullets from revolver designed to be used with hollow base bullets. Tell me about "accuracy", 4"-5" at the best.

dannyd

Hunter
IMHO, if somebody wants to be proficient handgun shooter, getting Contender is the best investment she or he can make. That handgun is accurate like rifle, it will make one ragged hole all day long with any reasonable good ammo, regardless of caliber. The most important thing is confidence of the shooter that if something goes wrong on the target, it's him, not the firearm.

This is from the guy who started shooting the worst possible way, with wobbly .455 Webley from WWI, shooting ammo with solid base bullets from revolver designed to be used with hollow base bullets. Tell me about "accuracy", 4"-5" at the best.
I have shot TC's for over 30 years, favorite barrel 30/20.

Latest posts