Ruger mark ll

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Regarding the MKII you lucked out on...that piece has got to be hot! Or..the poor sap pricing it really crapped in his mess kit. Wow!'

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
kevin masten said:
Regarding the MKII you lucked out on...that piece has got to be hot! Or..the poor sap pricing it really crapped in his mess kit. Wow!'

If he didn't........can you imagine what the original owner got for pawning it?
3Fmau7pm.jpg

eveled

Hawkeye
When pawning something you don't always want the most you can get out of the item. He likely borrowed a little,then could not make the note. The shop priced it based on what be borrowed. And you got lucky.

Those are great guns.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
SGW Gunsmith said:
22/45 Fan said:
IIRC, only the last production MkII's were factory drilled and tapped so, if it came with a factory base, it was produced near the end of the MkII run.

Please give us the reference where you got that information concerning the Competition Target Mark II. I'd like to add that reference to my repertoire.
When the first versions of the Ruger Mark II Competition Target came out, there were only two holes D/T into the top of the receiver, and the "steel" bases provided were done the same way. I have a provided manual that shows that condition, and those bases and pistols are not plentiful.
I have no documentation, only my experience with my late model run MkII 22/45 that was drilled and tapped while earlier ones weren't. I'm no expert on the specialty models like the Competition Target, etc. which may have been configured differently.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
22/45 Fan said:
SGW Gunsmith said:
22/45 Fan said:
IIRC, only the last production MkII's were factory drilled and tapped so, if it came with a factory base, it was produced near the end of the MkII run.

Please give us the reference where you got that information concerning the Competition Target Mark II. I'd like to add that reference to my repertoire.
When the first versions of the Ruger Mark II Competition Target came out, there were only two holes D/T into the top of the receiver, and the "steel" bases provided were done the same way. I have a provided manual that shows that condition, and those bases and pistols are not plentiful.

I have no documentation, only my experience with my late model run MkII 22/45 that was drilled and tapped while earlier ones weren't. I'm no expert on the specialty models like the Competition Target, etc. which may have been configured differently.

If I remember correctly, you're a member over there on RimfireCentral, correct? Try asking the wizard over there, "Test Engineer" for what information he has and is willing to share concerning the information you want. :lol:

Very nice example of this model and one on my wish list. You did extremely good on that price. Glad you didn't come on asking if that was a good deal and if you should pick it up. I'd say 'no' and then try to find out what shop it was in!
jh

hboswell

Bearcat
I have the same model which came with scope mount and rings. I recently swapped out the original mount for one of these. See through and it takes standard rings which are less expensive than the ruger rings. Also, it is silver so it matches the gun. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Msp-Ruger-Mark-I-Ii-Iii-Scope-Link-See-Through-Mount-Picatinny-Silver/142791332293?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
My reason for switching it out was that the Leupold scope I have mounted sat too low with the factory supplied rings and replacements run around $35 each if you can find them.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
...for $150? And then you went across the street and bought a new Cadillac for $10K?

Your Christmas came early. No free refills for you! ;)